Software Discussion: Antiviral And Antimal/spyware

Monsta®

EDIT: this thread moved from origional located HERE

I`ve got MalwareBytes and Avast on my comp and they`re good :D

SuperAntiSpyware is another good one to have on your comp. Do you not bother with these kind of things?

nah whats the point they all just lie? like avg whats the point in telling you you have a virus if it not going to do out about it? a just stick to a decent internet security package such as kaspersky or nod32 etc theres a million and 1 different never heard off programs like malwarebytes all doing the same thing! nothing

if your after a proper defrag try ultimatedefrag by disktrix far superior to the windows default one

anyway you complained about your computer running slow, not think it could have something to do with all these programs you will have running in the background.

just check your start up menu Under programs look at "Change start up programs" for vista or go to run and type msconfig for xp and check to see how many programs are running at start up. :D

Edited by Mr Darn™
Topic Split

nah whats the point they all just lie? like avg whats the point in telling you you have a virus if it not going to do out about it? a just stick to a decent internet security package such as kaspersky or nod32 etc theres a million and 1 different never heard off programs like malwarebytes all doing the same thing! nothing

i disagree, completely.

yes, there are programs out there built to scare you into buying them, and only remove crap they put there first, but this is not the case with either avast or malwarebytes.

All programs have strong points and week points. some are designed specially to deal with certain problems and cant help with others.

Even being told by AVG that you have a problem is surely better than not knowing at all. at least if you know theres a problem you can research a solution.

I`ve got MalwareBytes and Avast on my comp and they`re good :D

SuperAntiSpyware is another good one to have on your comp. Do you not bother with these kind of things?

ive got nothing on my comp only windows firewall i found wen i was using firewalls and adaware and spyware blockers that my comp kept running slow and going tits up so now i just run a clean install ive been running xp without a prob for about 8 month with no security at all apart from windows own firewall

and the same on my vista comp nothing on there eather best way

ive got nothing on my comp only windows firewall i found wen i was using firewalls and adaware and spyware blockers that my comp kept running slow and going tits up so now i just run a clean install ive been running xp without a prob for about 8 month with no security at all apart from windows own firewall

and the same on my vista comp nothing on there eather best way

Quite right, all these programs do slow your system down, especially if you have them all running at startup.

my recommendations would be 1 antivirus running constantly such as avast, and other programs on an 'as and when needed' basis.

i have:

superantispyware

addaware

malwarebytes

hijack this

peerguardian and

ccleaner

all installed on my computer for if/when i ever need them, but i dont have them running at startup.

i just access the program, update it and run it as and when i feel i need to do a check.

Quite right, all these programs do slow your system down, especially if you have them all running at startup.

my recommendations would be 1 antivirus running constantly such as avast, and other programs on an 'as and when needed' basis.

i have:

superantispyware

addaware

malwarebytes

hijack this

peerguardian and

ccleaner

all installed on my computer for if/when i ever need them, but i dont have them running at startup.

i just access the program, update it and run it as and when i feel i need to do a check.

you realy are paranoid! running a load of rubbish software that does nowt but slow down your pc.

heres what people say about these programs at download.com

superantispyware "Warning: Crashed System!!!"

addaware "Terrible - It works as spyware"

malwarebytes "Rogueware!!!!"

hijack this "I'm not a novice; This is dangerous for newbies!"

peerguardian "WHAT THE@$#%$#@"

ccleaner well there was no reviews nuff said!

you realy are paranoid! running a load of rubbish software that does nowt but slow down your pc.

heres what people say about these programs at download.com

superantispyware "Warning: Crashed System!!!"

addaware "Terrible - It works as spyware"

malwarebytes "Rogueware!!!!"

hijack this "I'm not a novice; This is dangerous for newbies!"

peerguardian "WHAT THE@$#%$#@"

ccleaner well there was no reviews nuff said!

as stated, i'm not 'running' them. they are there as and when required.

hijack this, i agree, is not for novices, as the results can be dangerous if misinterpreted, but is a VERY usefull tool to find out whats running on your computer.

i dont use download.com. i go to the manufacturers websites.

all the above with the exception of peerguardian, are used and recommended by spyware removal experts in one form or another.

Also, there are many reviews on windows itsself being add/spyware, and how bad it is. does this mean you wont be using that also?

i'm moving these posts to the disscussion section with a link to the thread they came from as we are digressing from sleepy's main problem.

i dont use download.com. i go to the manufacturers websites.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

what the f*** suppose you believe in santy too!

The very fact you find that funny suggests to me you have a better knowledge of the inner workings of St. Georges than any of us realise!

Whats wrong with not trusting a website that has been found to state something is spyware free, and given an award to a product that was put there as a test to see if programs are even checked?

I don`t use download.com either..if i want anything for my comp i go to Help2go.com or Filehippo.com

And if i didn`t have any spyware apps on my comp, it would be practically un-usable. These apps might slow your comp but without them it would be virtually at a stand-still.

AVG used to be the no1 choice but for some reason it wouldn`t update some months ago, so i got rid of it and now use MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyware. Another good one for preventing adaware in the first place is Spybot.

AVG used to be the no1 choice but for some reason it wouldn`t update some months ago, so i got rid of it and now use MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyware. Another good one for preventing adaware in the first place is Spybot.

i hope your not using those instead of AVG... i thought you used Avast?

• 4 months later...
Guest IrinaHa

Personally I use Norton internet security firewall, antivirus, the works but it doesnt seem to do the job.

Do you think its best to have several different antivirus/spyware software programs? Perhaps run them all periodically?

Personally I use Norton internet security firewall, antivirus, the works but it doesnt seem to do the job.

Do you think its best to have several different antivirus/spyware software programs? Perhaps run them all periodically?

I wouldn't trust Norton to catch a cold, we use it for our anti virus at work, and I had to give it a helping hand when the Trojan.Clampi was doing the rounds. It would identify there was a virus but then wasn't able to do anything about it. I wrote a small but useful batch file to help it along, once the file was run Norton could then delete the virus and claim it did so all by itself ;)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now