Competition in Water Supply

lol as i say i only work for them, as a company to work for they are excellent

Well one things for sure, you can change your fuel supplier even though I think there all the same when it comes to price but there is another angle when it comes to competition and thats water companies. You are stuck with the water supplier in your area, of course I am referring to Threegee's post on competition, or do all water companies charge the same and give the same service?

Well one things for sure, you can change your fuel supplier even though I think there all the same when it comes to price but there is another angle when it comes to competition and thats water companies. You are stuck with the water supplier in your area, of course I am referring to Threegee's post on competition, or do all water companies charge the same and give the same service?

It seems to be quite easy to go to another supplier; you only need to use another 49,999,000 litres of water to qualify. :lol:

http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/competition/

Other than that, and challenging the incumbent for the licence yourself, it rather looks like Ofwat has run out of ideas.

many moons back before i can remember (been trained with this info), gas and electric used to go off the area you lived in, then they opened up the market for more competition, not sure why, but i think all utility companies should charge the same all the way across the board, no competitions etc, but hey thats in an ideal world which is not what we live in

lol as i say i only work for them, as a company to work for they are excellent

i a bet there giving there employees loads of bonuses with al the money there coning of the elderly, etc bet they are excellent! bet they've even got a bonus scheme for the best telephone operator! the one that scams the most! or do you have fixed quotas?

many moons back before i can remember (been trained with this info), gas and electric used to go off the area you lived in, then they opened up the market for more competition, not sure why, but i think all utility companies should charge the same all the way across the board, no competitions etc, but hey thats in an ideal world which is not what we live in

Well, I am all for competition but I do not feel there is true competition between these fuel suppliers, the punter always seems to loose.

We could revert back to the days of wood burning fires and candles but I am sure that if we did that Gordon would find a way of imposing a wood burning tax and a low light tax as this may contribute to the fictitious global warming. One thing for sure we will never win, it looks like we will be paying a high price for ever :D

It seems to be quite easy to go to another supplier; you only need to use another 49,999,000 litres of water to qualify. :lol:

http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/competition/

Other than that, and challenging the incumbent for the licence yourself, it rather looks like Ofwat has run out of ideas.

Followed the link and just scanned the 2009 response report, yes your right, they have run out of ideas

...but i think all utility companies should charge the same all the way across the board, no competitions etc...

Then you need to answer a few simple questions:

So who decides what this price should be, and how do they decide?

If one company (maybe a better organised one) thinks that they can charge less and still make a useful profit then they shouldn't be allowed to?

If everybody charges the same then what happens if one company does a better deal and starts making more profit than the others?

Similarly, if one company's costs turn out to be higher (through circumstances beyond their control) then they should be forced to supply the utility at a loss?

There's more but that would make an interesting start.

Then you need to answer a few simple questions:

So who decides what this price should be, and how do they decide?

If one company (maybe a better organised one) thinks that they can charge less and still make a useful profit then they shouldn't be allowed to?

If everybody charges the same then what happens if one company does a better deal and starts making more profit than the others?

Similarly, if one company's costs turn out to be higher (through circumstances beyond their control) then they should be forced to supply the utility at a loss?

There's more but that would make an interesting start.

Theres only one answer to one price thats one company, nationalized.

i a bet there giving there employees loads of bonuses with al the money there coning of the elderly, etc bet they are excellent! bet they've even got a bonus scheme for the best telephone operator! the one that scams the most! or do you have fixed quotas?

i dont work with members of the public, i work in back office, so couldnt tell ya anything about sales

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now