Comparing The Comparers

Just checking on prices of a gismo I fancy and it stuck me just how poor some of these supposedly consumer orientated sites are. Some list only one supplier of the gismo when in fact there are a score or more on the web. Most do not give the best deal - available by simply using a search engine and a bit of spare time. I suspect it's mostly about kickbacks. There seems to be some reasonably helpful ones though.

Do you use price comparison sites, and if so have you found them helpful? Which one do/would you go to first?

We'll get around to doing a survey here on a few test items, and sort the con sites out from the consumer orientated ones. Maybe we will give them our own star rating.

Just checking on prices of a gismo I fancy and it stuck me just how poor some of these supposedly consumer orientated sites are. Some list only one supplier of the gismo when in fact there are a score or more on the web. Most do not give the best deal - available by simply using a search engine and a bit of spare time. I suspect it's mostly about kickbacks. There seems to be some reasonably helpful ones though.

Do you use price comparison sites, and if so have you found them helpful? Which one do/would you go to first?

We'll get around to doing a survey here on a few test items, and sort the con sites out from the consumer orientated ones. Maybe we will give them our own star rating.

basically there al a waste of time for example i was looking for car insurance on moneysupermarket.com it gave me a list of prices which i thought was reasonable but when you actually link through to the site the price is always different.

far better just spending a bit of time and looking for yourself! :)

basically there al a waste of time for example i was looking for car insurance on moneysupermarket.com it gave me a list of prices which i thought was reasonable but when you actually link through to the site the price is always different.

far better just spending a bit of time and looking for yourself! :)

Eek! I agree with monsta on this one! :o

Just had the same problem with finding new gas/electric... 100's difference once you get to the sites from confused, moneysupermarket and comparethemarket. As for the price comparison sites for 'stuff', most of them only show you the prices for amazon/ That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds, and don't really allow you to compare at all... I always just thought that I was searching for the wrong things...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now