What Will Betterware Think Of Next?

Blank

post-694-1232661331_thumb.jpg

At Last, A Personal Debris-Removal System That Will Not Cause Injury If Used Properly

Why reach for a broom and dustpan when a clean floor is just a few steps away? For comfort, cleanliness, and sculpted calves, no other footwear-mounted cleaning product can beat the Kleen-Stride. Great for back pain sufferers, too!

post-694-1232661409_thumb.jpg

Finally, A Portable Pet Feeding/Watering System For Your MP3 Player

Let's face it. You and your pet don't share the same "taste" in music. That's why TechnoPetz created iFeast, the portable pet feeding/watering system for your MP3 player. Mealtime will never be the same for your pet with iFeast.

post-694-1232661485_thumb.jpg

Single-Slice USB-Powered Toasting Computer Accessory

Don't be tethered to the kitchen. Take your toast…to go! Now you can take a toaster everywhere you take your laptop. Insert a slice of any bread—white, wheat, even rye—and in 7-9 minutes, you have the kind of perfect toast you could only get from a computer. Winner of the 2006 Gold Floppy Disc Award for Best Cooking Peripheral.

Turns Your Hat Into Another Pocket!

Use your head and stay organized! The Visorganizer is a revolutionary carrying case for everything you need to make it through your busy day whether you're a pro golfer, a retired ship builder, a club DJ, or a busy mom on the go. And it clips on the front of your favorite hat. Pack it with up to 7 lbs. If it has a visor, it needs a Visorganizer!

Are these for real?

It's hard to decide...

Though that there might have been teensy moderation error in your not moving this to the consumer forum. But maybe it's a correct call after all? :D

My favourite was "The Plow"

Unfortunately they aren’t real products – but the boxes are real: http://store.theonion.com/gift-boxes-set-of-4-p-68.html

I think the USB toaster is a fab idea especially if it were bundled with a USB kettle, I could have tea and toast ready and waiting for my 10.45 tea break :D

Only in Betterware :huh:

Does anyone actually buy anything from these?

When I did the Betterware rounds, a few did buy stuff, but the input effort to get the sales didn't match the (lied about) projected income from sales. I spent more on petrol going round delivering catalogues, then going back out to collect them back in, then having to go back out to deliver the dozen or so who actually bought something. Not worth the effort.

I think the USB toaster is a fab idea especially if it were bundled with a USB kettle, I could have tea and toast ready and waiting for my 10.45 tea break :D

Now for the inconvenient science bit:

Maximum power a USB can provide is 500mA = 2.5 watts, and that's not possible in many cases. The power is only there to power up a hub without a separate power adapter or some other very low power peripheral.

Conclusion... you'd need over a thousand of these devices (and over 1000 full spec USB ports to power them) to compete with an average UK kettle. A USB toaster is only slightly more practical. You could do toast faster crumb by crumb using a magnifying glass on a sunny day! :)

Maximum power a USB can provide is 500mA = 2.5 watts, and that's not possible in many cases. The power is only there to power up a hub without a separate power adapter or some other very low power peripheral.

Conclusion... you'd need over a thousand of these devices (and over 1000 full spec USB ports to power them) to compete with an average UK kettle. A USB toaster is only slightly more practical. You could do toast faster crumb by crumb using a magnifying glass on a sunny day! :)

here it's amazing what these geeks can do with 2.5watts of electric! ever watch appollo 13? life or death for a few amps!

You have just burst my bubble, I was looking forward to tea and toast :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now