Market Tavern

charlie

Why would they offer tea,coffee, soft drinks etc? Either they`re testing things to see if they could make a go of it as a cafe or they`re trying to get the Mother`s and kids into the pub. If the latter is the case then they need to re-think :o

Is it true that piggly wigglys has closed if so the tavern could be using this to there advantage

Why would they offer tea,coffee, soft drinks etc? Either they`re testing things to see if they could make a go of it as a cafe or they`re trying to get the Mother`s and kids into the pub. If the latter is the case then they need to re-think :o

The tavern used to have a canny bit trade with food and teas/coffess a few years back... it would be nice to see it back on track there. It was never usually mothers and kids, but more old ladies on market day... Tesco are bound to try and attract the passing trade with a flashy cafe when it expands, I reckon it's good business sense to start offering the like before it does and get a decent customer base.

Ooh... now that gets me thinking... When Tesco does expand, there's going to be loads of hungry workman... probably enough to fill both the Tavern and Piggly Wiggly's every lunch time... get telt!

The tavern used to have a canny bit trade with food and teas/coffess a few years back... it would be nice to see it back on track there. It was never usually mothers and kids, but more old ladies on market day... Tesco are bound to try and attract the passing trade with a flashy cafe when it expands, I reckon it's good business sense to start offering the like before it does and get a decent customer base.

Ooh... now that gets me thinking... When Tesco does expand, there's going to be loads of hungry workman... probably enough to fill both the Tavern and Piggly Wiggly's every lunch time... get telt!

bah tha getting desperate! hopefully it will not happen and it closes down!

i will say tho, for threegee, that it was quoted in the bar that "the bedlington website is full of people with less brain cells than (i forget the rest exactly, but if it comes back, i'll insert it) "

Well they would say that wouldn't they. The lack of brain cells is more likely in people who don't recognise the power of the Internet to make or destroy businesses'. This is treating their own customers with contempt.

i doubt, unless BLOB starts working there again, that they will use this website as a tool for advertising, even if it is free.

If so I doubt that this business has a future, at least in current hands. Their competitors will - particularly when times get tougher. And tougher they will get! We're here to help local enterprises, but some may be beyond that.

they simply do not rate the people or comments here high enough to bother with.

Or... they are frightened of engaging with their own potential or existing customers. A 20th century business in a 21st century world - not may brain cells in that!

Well they would say that wouldn't they. The lack of brain cells is more likely in people who don't recognise the power of the Internet to make or destroy businesses'. This is treating their own customers with contempt.

Or... they are frightened of engaging with their own potential or existing customers. A 20th century business in a 21st century world - not may brain cells in that!

Exactly :D

Yeah, 'cos I always make my choice of boozer based on what's on this website.

This no doubt explains the raging success of The Dun Cow, whose landlady never poured a pint without reporting it in full on here.

AND what her customers where up to whilst in there :D :D :D

This no doubt explains the raging success of The Dun Cow, whose landlady never poured a pint without reporting it in full on here.

True, but if you look at some of the posts on this site a lot of members started to use the Dun Cow or so they said. Would they still have used it if there was no publicity on here?

True, but if you look at some of the posts on this site a lot of members started to use the Dun Cow or so they said. Would they still have used it if there was no publicity on here?

No.

i went in there the first time because i heard about it on here. else i wouldnt have bothered with the place.

i also met Mongo and a few others in there as a direct result of things being mentioned on this site.

(lol, just thought, no, we were not having a Gay meeting, no matter what the landlord might tell you! )

The odds were very much stacked against her, but she has to be greatly admired for trying. If the clock were put back I'd guess the owners, knowing what they now do, would have given her a better hand.

The town would be a much richer place with a few dozen like her. So, to rubbish her efforts is a tad disingenuous.

We're all influenced by public opinion and other people's experiences, whether we admit it or not. People aren't stupid and note who reaches out to them and values their custom, and who takes their business for granted.

No.

i went in there the first time because i heard about it on here. else i wouldnt have bothered with the place.

i also met Mongo and a few others in there as a direct result of things being mentioned on this site.

(lol, just thought, no, we were not having a Gay meeting, no matter what the landlord might tell you! )

Exactly

Fair enough, I won’t "make my choice of boozer" solely on what’s being said on a forum. I'd base it on my own experience and taste, but I will give the new owner of a pub the benefit of the doubt.

I visited the Dun Cow for the first time in months because Pam (justme on this forum) came across as a nice lass and seemed as though she was actually trying to make something of the place.

I visited the Dun Cow for the first time in months because Pam (justme on this forum) came across as a nice lass and seemed as though she was actually trying to make something of the place.

My thoughts too, also it was exactly halfway home for me from work, so a nice place to stop for a rest and a pint! :D

Fair enough, I won’t "make my choice of boozer" solely on what’s being said on a forum. I'd base it on my own experience and taste, but I will give the new owner of a pub the benefit of the doubt.

Spot on Blank, if I had lived in Bedlington I would have gone in there myself and I had planed on going in when I was up there last year on holiday but unfortunatly it had close but the only reason I wanted to go in was because of this forum and the publicity generated by it.

The gossip and rumours musn't be true, they have now got notices in windows and on tables promoting:-

"coming soon" Tea,coffee, soft drinks, hot beef stotties. sandwiches and bar snacks etc.

:D:D

I wonder what sort of timetable we're looking at for this tantalising, exotic fare.

I imagine that arranging tea and coffee-making facilities, sourcing bread and beef etc must be a logistical nightmare that would make the recent Beijing Olympics look like a walk in the park in comparison.

smart price tea and coffee, panda pops, stewing steak stotties and the left overs from tesco or raided from greggs bin. :lol:

If Piggly Wiggly's has closed, the Market Tavern might be the only option for people wanting a cuppa and a beef stottie.

is the cafe up next to the post office gone now?

The roast potato shop? I thought that was shut ages back?? Used to be great on a Saturday night like... those were the days! :)

If the clock were put back I'd guess the owners, knowing what they now do, would have given her a better hand.

Are you talking about the owners of the Dun Cow? Forgive me if i'm wrong, but i'm sure the owner is Punch Taverns, who are the very reason that the Taverns landlady is having trouble. They charge extortionate rent, for the building and the beer.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now