Market Tavern

charlie

What is the count of pubs closed or closing? Is it the same in all other towns like Blyth, Cramlington and Ashington. What is causing them to be closed? Bad management. Is it the economy, or just the way we live, (alternate entertainment like TV, communications mobile phones, travel, how many don't have a car etc)

In the past the worse the economy the more the pub flourished now it appears we are retreating into our homes!

Vic

What is the count of pubs closed or closing? Is it the same in all other towns like Blyth, Cramlington and Ashington. What is causing them to be closed? Bad management. Is it the economy, or just the way we live, (alternate entertainment like TV, communications mobile phones, travel, how many don't have a car etc)

In the past the worse the economy the more the pub flourished now it appears we are retreating into our homes!

Vic

Its the no smoking ban and the high price of a pint thats closing the pubs and the clubs, we went out evey weekend but not anymore, rather stay at home and have friends round that way you can have a smoke when you want without a medaling interfering government telling you that you cant smoke anymore. Well done Gordon another piece of useless legislation adding to the down turn of the economy. remember the promises that the none smokers would fill the pubs and clubs, were are they?

it will be a crying shame if the tavern closes! Best pub in bedrock for good music

what with that and the sun... i may have to move on to finer pastures

:angry:

what your stopping in bedlington just because of the sun and the tavern? think you need help! :lol:

what ever happened to the proposed frontstreet make over?

rumour has it that the tavern borrowed all the money from the coucil just so that they could stay in buisness.

i think it beats asking all their customers to chip in with whatever they could spare which is whats happened.

:o:o:o:angry:

rumour has it that the tavern borrowed all the money from the coucil just so that they could stay in buisness.

i think it beats asking all their customers to chip in with whatever they could spare which is whats happened.

:o:o:o:angry:

Has the Tavern really asked the punters to chip in? it sounds like there in dia straights, even going to the cooncil shows signs of desperation.

Has the Tavern really asked the punters to chip in? it sounds like there in dia straights, even going to the cooncil shows signs of desperation.

pete i'll let you into a little secret shall i,but you promise not to tell anybody else please.

friends of mine were asked if they could lend them alot of money.fortunatly they didn't because they probably wouln't have seen it again.they were going to tho, but when they were told about all the other people who had lent them money and are still waiting to be paid back. one person who took them to court (and won) but still has to wait and hope payment has reached his bank account every month.

i believe its general knowledge around the pubs in bedlington that the tavern is struggling and are asking all thier regulars for help in chipping in to keep things afloat, but if help is handed out how does a struggling pub repay?

its upto the regulars to decide whether they want to help a run down pub that stinks of blocked toilets and stale smoke from the night before. bills have to be paid all the time and no pub with BIG bills can't ask the punters all the time for help. :angry::angry::angry:<_<

pete i'll let you into a little secret shall i,but you promise not to tell anybody else please.

friends of mine were asked if they could lend them alot of money.fortunatly they didn't because they probably wouln't have seen it again.they were going to tho, but when they were told about all the other people who had lent them money and are still waiting to be paid back. one person who took them to court (and won) but still has to wait and hope payment has reached his bank account every month.

i believe its general knowledge around the pubs in bedlington that the tavern is struggling and are asking all thier regulars for help in chipping in to keep things afloat, but if help is handed out how does a struggling pub repay?

its upto the regulars to decide whether they want to help a run down pub that stinks of blocked toilets and stale smoke from the night before. bills have to be paid all the time and no pub with BIG bills can't ask the punters all the time for help. :angry::angry::angry:<_<

Complete !*!@#.

Rumours are astounding, I have no idea why people have such faith in them.

Complete !*!@#.

Rumours are astounding, I have no idea why people have such faith in them.

these are not rumours kwail.i have heard recordings on answer machines urging these friends to go and help them.sometimes three/four telephone calls a day.

One suspects that someone is closer to the action than they are saying.

Of course the Market Tavern could use the Business Booster section to post a public announcement that would be un-spammable and definitive - thus completely ending all speculation. Would probably result in a few extra customers too!

One suspects that someone is closer to the action than they are saying.

Of course the Market Tavern could use the Business Booster section to post a public announcement that would be un-spammable and definitive - thus completely ending all speculation. Would probably result in a few extra customers too!

alot closer than anybody could ever speculate threegee.

if every business in bedlington used the booster section it may solve a few problems that they may have.

I used to work there and have been something of a regular for years, they're certainly not closing and I've never been asked for any money and haven't heard of any other punters being asked for money either.

I think it'd also be gracious to consider all the good work they do for charity (especially organising a small festival to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis on the front street and in tesco car-park, another one being organised for this summer.) before you start spreading malicious rumours.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now