Market Tavern

charlie

Was in the Tavern on Saturday night, rumour has it that this will be the next pub to close it's doors.

Malicious gossip or truth?

mind you i don't know how they manage to have a live band on every Saturday without a cover charge to recoup some of the cost as this seems to be the only night they get a few in the place.

They surely cannot make enough in bar takings in one night to pay wages, beer, band etc.

Will be a shame if it does close or stop the bands as this is the only reason we go there.

Was in the Tavern on Saturday night, rumour has it that this will be the next pub to close it's doors.

Malicious gossip or truth?

mind you i don't know how they manage to have a live band on every Saturday without a cover charge to recoup some of the cost as this seems to be the only night they get a few in the place.

They surely cannot make enough in bar takings in one night to pay wages, beer, band etc.

Will be a shame if it does close or stop the bands as this is the only reason we go there.

some of thier customers say that the managemnt have been asking them to lend them some money to bail them out of the pervaible.not just a couple of pounds but substantial amounts.has anybody got any news on this.

some of thier customers say that the managemnt have been asking them to lend them some money to bail them out of the pervaible.not just a couple of pounds but substantial amounts.has anybody got any news on this.

Yes we heard that ruomour as well, was also told that the "good will" of fellow landlords/ladies in lending barrels of beer spirits etc has now ceased.

Yes we heard that ruomour as well, was also told that the "good will" of fellow landlords/ladies in lending barrels of beer spirits etc has now ceased.

It isn`t looking good then :huh:

Someone was saying the Duncow was up for sale too. There`s gonna be no pubs left at this rate.

Just a thought ! Maybe a mobile grog truck could be the answer to the problems of pubs closing, it could be fitted with a bell on it booze taps inside and be driven from one end of Bedlington to the other What do you all think

Just a thought ! Maybe a mobile grog truck could the answer to the problems of the pubs closing, it could be fitted with a bell on it booze taps inside and be driven from one end of Bedlington to the other What do you all think

what like pops mobile shop! nah it would never mek it to the station! :lol::lol: there would be a new topic pops mobile beer shop jacked by local !*!@# heeds!

well for me personally the tavern wont be a miss.. used to have some canny nights with the live music but that went down hill.. just another place i dont step foot in to shut there doors.. bedlington street is completely dead as far as bars are concerned...!!

:D

I'm sure I saw you in there not too long ago!

I don't mind the olde Tavern... the owners are canny, the clientelle aren't as bad as elsewhere and they have a quiz machine!

Although the MOR rock bands will never rival the cutting-edge vibes of the Railway for the movers and shakers, they will however, please a load of beered up knackers on a Friday and Saturday night, which is what it's all about isn't it? And in a time where anyone with a guitar reckons they're the next Ting Ting, Bright Eyes or Young Knife (while resembling a poor man's Keane), I'd rather hear a second-rate cover of 'Sultans of Swing' any day.

I'm sure I saw you in there not too long ago!

I don't mind the olde Tavern... the owners are canny, the clientelle aren't as bad as elsewhere and they have a quiz machine!

Although the MOR rock bands will never rival the cutting-edge vibes of the Railway for the movers and shakers, they will however, please a load of beered up knackers on a Friday and Saturday night, which is what it's all about isn't it? And in a time where anyone with a guitar reckons they're the next Ting Ting, Bright Eyes or Young Knife (while resembling a poor man's Keane), I'd rather hear a second-rate cover of 'Sultans of Swing' any day.

Eloquent, mrsvic, but then that's what I would expect......

Eloquent, mrsvic, but then that's what I would expect......

Thanks, kind sir!

So... let's hear your opinion on the Tavern!

Myself and Mr Vic ventured down last night and were met with a fine atmosphere and a jovial crowd. The alcopops flowed well and I won £2 on the quiz machine! My only criticism is that the band were far too old to be playing Kings of Leon covers, however they made it up with a cracking bit of REM.

Oh, and I was told by Sarah that they are NOT closing! With the place packed out all night, I can't see why they would... I even saw the North's landlady in there for a bit, thus proving it's popularity... I'm guessing it was the busiest alehouse in Bedlington by far...

Strangest thing about the night though, was mentioning bedlington.co.uk... it seems that all the cool kids are on the site! Get telt! :D

Thanks, kind sir!

So... let's hear your opinion on the Tavern!

Myself and Mr Vic ventured down last night and were met with a fine atmosphere and a jovial crowd. The alcopops flowed well and I won £2 on the quiz machine! My only criticism is that the band were far too old to be playing Kings of Leon covers, however they made it up with a cracking bit of REM.

Oh, and I was told by Sarah that they are NOT closing! With the place packed out all night, I can't see why they would... I even saw the North's landlady in there for a bit, thus proving it's popularity... I'm guessing it was the busiest alehouse in Bedlington by far...

Strangest thing about the night though, was mentioning bedlington.co.uk... it seems that all the cool kids are on the site! Get telt! :D

I guess that makes me a 'cool kid' then.......

I think the landlady you saw in there was not, as it happens, the North's; Mary would not bring herself to venture into an establishment where people are giving their money across the counter to someone else....no, it was she from the Grapes.

My opinion? I like the place; it's friendly, Sarah and Ian are good people, decent pint and on Friday and Saturday nights the only place with anyone in. Mind you, I'm party to a few in the afternoon generally, so evening visits are a rarity for me......

I think the landlady you saw in there was not, as it happens, the North's; Mary would not bring herself to venture into an establishment where people are giving their money across the counter to someone else....no, it was she from the Grapes.

I couldn't believe it either! But she was!

Maybe she was out finding where all her customers were going? Or maybe she just fancied a cheaper pint?!

Nice people they may be, but I prefer pub workers to show more interest in serving pints than enjoying a succession of soothing cigarettes.

who are they exactly pouring pints for? there only standing outside smoking cause there wondering how there going to pay the brewery! :lol::lol:

Nice people they may be, but I prefer pub workers to show more interest in serving pints than enjoying a succession of soothing cigarettes.

Thank the smoking ban for that..if they could smoke inside they wouldn`t need to dissappear outside every 2 minutes for a tab, then you would get your pint quicker. Also, if the smoking ban was lifted, there might be an atmosphere in the pubs instead of empty seats or `closed` signs at the door!

A return to a pub full of ignorant c*nts blowing their cancerous fumes in my face and going home in smoke-stinking clothes? No thanks.

You`ve changed your tune quick, they were nice people before, now they`re ignorant c*ts :lol:

And that`s swearing.

Did you never go in pubs before the smoking ban? I`m sure you must have done.

I'm only 19, so I never really drank in pubs before the smoking ban. ;)

However, my older friends tell me that the smokers would have little compunction in blowing their disgusting smoke in your face and that going home with smoke-ruined clothes was a regular occurrence.

If you're at work, whether in a pub or anywhere else, you shouldn't be smoking all the time. You should be doing your job.

I'm only 19, so I never really drank in pubs before the smoking ban. ;)

However, my older friends tell me that the smokers would have little compunction in blowing their disgusting smoke in your face and that going home with smoke-ruined clothes was a regular occurrence.

If you're at work, whether in a pub or anywhere else, you shouldn't be smoking all the time. You should be doing your job.

What a cop out reply! :lol: 19?? :lol: :lol: and smokers would blow smoke in your face? Tosh :D

And i`m sure that smokers can do their job with no problems, because they wouldn`t be smoking ALL the time :D

What a cop out reply! :lol: 19?? :lol::lol: and smokers would blow smoke in your face? Tosh :D

And i`m sure that smokers can do their job with no problems, because they wouldn`t be smoking ALL the time :D

they should fetch out a drinking ban then theres no complaints from anyone! :lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now