Is It A Bird, Is It A Plane, Is It A Keyboard?

threegee

...full specification computer! :o

eeekeyboard1.jpg

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/desktops/0,3902942...300492-1,00.htm

Another application for the Atom CPU, and a concept which might even be as big as the Netbook or Eee Box.

BTW bought our second Eee Box recently and it was far harder to get hold of than the first one a few months back; they just don't stay on the shop shelves.

...full specification computer! :o

eeekeyboard1.jpg

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/desktops/0,3902942...300492-1,00.htm

Another application for the Atom CPU, and a concept which might even be as big as the Netbook or Eee Box.

BTW bought our second Eee Box recently and it was far harder to get hold of than the first one a few months back; they just don't stay on the shop shelves.

what so the fn screen is where the number pad should be! what a daft and pointless idea a bit like that media coffee table that was laughed out of the dragons den! not to mention the fact is looks very similar to a mac key board!

and what do you mean as big as the Eee box! no one actually buy them cause there naf!

what so the fn screen is where the number pad should be! what a daft and pointless idea a bit like that media coffee table that was laughed out of the dragons den! not to mention the fact is looks very similar to a mac key board!

and what do you mean as big as the Eee box! no one actually buy them cause there naf!

The touch screen isn't the primary screen, it's meant to be used as a media center with a TV (HDMI output). But I can think of lots of other applications - point of sale, home control, etc. It's just a concept machine and may not go into production, but if it does I'm sure it will sell.

And how wrong you are about Eee Box sales! :) Other manufacturers must be considering the same format. I'd like an Eee Box with the N330 dual core chip and maybe the Nvidia Ion support chip. Perhaps the second half of the year, and if Asus doesn't do it someone else surely will. Already built a machine with the N330 here and it's considerably faster than the N270 in video applications - even with the same graphics/support chip. I'd intended it as a home server but am using it on the desk here - picture soon.

I see that both HP and OQO have switched to the latest Z series Atoms for their ultra mobiles/netbooks, and now that they are not burdened by a slow VIA chip they have to be worth looking at. In fact I really fancy an OQO 2+ now. Though it will probably have to be the promised cheaper cut-down version, and not this month or next! :)

oqo2plus_lg.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now