Red Lion?

Mr Darn

'whats the point of staying open when no one goes! makes sense!'

How can anyone go though if it isn't open?? They are missing the passing trade. Clsoing your doors is like giving up. They need to try and compete or work together with the pubs that actually have customers to draw in more trade.

Bedlington needs the people who live there to actually use the amenities it has then perhaps we would see an improvement.

The pubs need sprucing up, better customer service, a better choice of drinks, more strict door policies and some bloody oomph and business acumen from the owners! I did my dissertation on the Sun Inn a few years ago, even then it was a disgrace how many basic business principles had been overlooked and it has less customers now than then.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone go though if it isn't open?? They are missing the passing trade. Clsoing your doors is like giving up. They need to try and compete or work together with the pubs that actually have customers to draw in more trade.

i completly agree!!!

theres nothing worse than fancying a pint, just to find the place is shut when you get there.

these are hard times, and people need reasons to visit these places now. a simple open door aint enough anymore.

Bedlington needs the people who live there to actually use the amenities it has then perhaps we would see an improvement.

The pubs need sprucing up, better customer service, a better choice of drinks, more strict door policies and some bloody oomph and business acumen from the owners! I did my dissertation on the Sun Inn a few years ago, even then it was a disgrace how many basic business principles had been overlooked and it has less customers now than then.

Stick to spangly boobtubes petal, you're out of your depth here.

Balls Denzel... boobtubes r out! PS U only don't visit the station because you fear the station!

I don't fear the Station, I pity the Station, with it's binge drinking and loose-limbed malevolence 24/7. Plus, and let's face it, it's kack.

Incidentally, boobtubes are never out.

I don't fear the Station, I pity the Station, with it's binge drinking and loose-limbed malevolence 24/7. Plus, and let's face it, it's kack.

Incidentally, boobtubes are never out.

Wait till the trains start running again Denzel, the station will be the in place. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Pub officially up for sale. I'm considering my options.

What's your options Denzel? you know anything said on this forun will be kept in the strictest confidence, unless you want us to tell folk then it will stop the rumours :lol:

Mek sure the Guiness is good if you go ahead. :D

all the lines and pumps (especially the guiness) will need ripping out and replaced for anything good to come out of it.

someone needs to do something with the place. desperately.

maybe if the right person gets it, it'll mean a turnaround for the rest of bedlington, what with it being the centre point of the town.

good luck if you do go for it Denzel :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now