Water Compensation!

Alistair Baker from Northumbrian Water admitted that the leaks had taken them by surprise and that they were still speculating about the cause.

He said: "We think it was down to the dry weather, which caused ground movement.

Water pressure

"It's unusual to get one burst, let alone three, but when the supply is interrupted in one place, water is put into the system from other sources. This puts the pipes under stress, and could be the cause of the subsequent leaks.

"Some customers may experience low water pressure or discoloured water while we get the system back to normal. It's not harmful, but obviously we're trying to rectify that as quickly as possible."

After 24 hours without water, domestic customers are entitled to £20 compensation per day, while businesses can claim £60, according to Northumbrian Water.

Anyone who believes they are entitled to more can apply in writing to the company, which will then deal with claims on an individual basis.

Courtesy of the BBC

I think I'll spend my compensation on a Carribean holiday! :rolleyes:

[but first - like the other 17 million people that Google has spotted - I'd better learn to spell Caribbean!] :D

No messing around in the Neck household - that money can be reinvested in local business - I predict a sudden upsurge in sales of White Lightning and Campbell's meatballs. Undoubtedly the cornerstone of any decent romantic night in.

No messing around in the Neck household - that money can be reinvested in local business - I predict a sudden upsurge in sales of White Lightning and Campbell's meatballs. Undoubtedly the cornerstone of any decent romantic night in.

Auld har

• 4 weeks later...
You could try contacting them via This webpage

My request for some money:

"My water was cut off on 31/07/06 and 01/08/06.

Can I have some compensation please?

Thanks."

I'll let you know how I get on.

I received a breezy, chatty letter from the good people at Northumbria Water today, with a cheque for £20 enclosed.

Hats off!

Not a sausage...... :(

I think the situation relates to the lottery, if you dont apply, you get diddly squat!

For years i complained about winning nothing on the lottery, no-one told me you had to buy a ticket!!!

Same goes for this handout, if you diddnt apply, dont expect the thud of a cheque anytime soon...

I think the situation relates to the lottery, if you dont apply, you get diddly squat!

For years i complained about winning nothing on the lottery, no-one told me you had to buy a ticket!!!

Same goes for this handout, if you diddnt apply, dont expect the thud of a cheque anytime soon...

Sir, I did apply for the compensation.......I'm brain washed by daytime telly :rolleyes:

20 quid for nothing? Bring on the next "drought"!

Best bit by far was radgies fighting over bottles of abbey well in presto car park even though there was clearly enough bottled water to keep a large african nation going

Mine was spent on Red C in the North, Denzil and Ms Hair can verify.

Best bit by far was radgies fighting over bottles of abbey well in presto car park even though there was clearly enough bottled water to keep a large african nation going

:huh: still waiting for the free 20 quid......bastards :angry:

They were on sale in Chahal's Emporium for the princely sum of £1 per case. Business never sleeps.