Old Police Station

Panto_Si

Hi

can anyone give me some information as to how old the old police station in Bedlington is?

Also, does anyone have any old pictures of it? It seems to have had a lot added over the years.

Cheers

Si

As I dont live in Bedlington any more (for about 12 years now); what is the old Police Station now used for?

It sells silver trinkets - I suspect to middle class dropouts with names like 'Swampy'.

That's just one room of it! The rest of the building is the base for a theatre production company.

I'm just interested to know how the building has evolved because there are some strange old bits of brickwork, especially on the inside of the courtyard, that would suggest it started off a lot smaller and had bits added over the years.

That's just one room of it! The rest of the building is the base for a theatre production company.

I'm just interested to know how the building has evolved because there are some strange old bits of brickwork, especially on the inside of the courtyard, that would suggest it started off a lot smaller and had bits added over the years.

It's not 'Legz Akimbo' is it?!

• 3 weeks later...
..think its dated back to the 1700's...

I don't think they would have even recognised the term Police Station in the 1700's BLoB! Justice would have been a lot more swift and certain in those days! :lol:

From the looks of the build it has to date from somewhere about the begining of the 20thC or the very late 1800's at earliest. There are certainly photos around showing the original stone buildings that stood at the "top end", and still photography isn't that old either!

BTW you can both PM through your panel - far safer than posting an e-mail address on a public forum where it will be quickly spidered and bombarded with spam. :D

can anyone give me some information as to how old the old police station in Bedlington is?

According to local historian Evan Martin it was erected in 1894, and was scheduled to close in the Summer of 1997.

• 8 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now