Hide Adverts
BedlingtonLass

Fav Takeaway In Bedlington

Well i have been for a takeaway tonight (diet put on hold) and it was dreadful, i called my order in to be told 20 mins for collection - great i think but when i got there my order was not ready, not only that it hadnt even been prepared, where do you like to takeaway from :D

Guest mrsvic

Somewhere where the staff have had a recent wash always works for us, which leaves us with a limited choice...

Chinchillas (aka the pizza shop under the brothel) have very pleasant staff, a reasonable menu and there's always a News Post Leader to read in their seating area.

Also the Bombay Nighters are a nice bunch of lads with a good menu who sometimes slip you an extra popadom with your bait and generally have a Sun (or News of the World) to peruse.

Recently, however we have frequented the takeaway part of the Ashianna which is top notch scran, and they see you to the door - mint! I am not aware that they have any newspapers to read, but they are prompt so I wont deduct points for it.

Somewhere where the staff have had a recent wash always works for us, which leaves us with a limited choice...

Chinchillas (aka the pizza shop under the brothel) have very pleasant staff, a reasonable menu and there's always a News Post Leader to read in their seating area.

Also the Bombay Nighters are a nice bunch of lads with a good menu who sometimes slip you an extra popadom with your bait and generally have a Sun (or News of the World) to peruse.

Recently, however we have frequented the takeaway part of the Ashianna which is top notch scran, and they see you to the door - mint! I am not aware that they have any newspapers to read, but they are prompt so I wont deduct points for it.

How long has Chinchilla's been open for and what sort of food do they sell, where is the shop ..........

Guest mrsvic
How long has Chinchilla's been open for and what sort of food do they sell, where is the shop ..........

Maybe 3 or 4 years? Pizza. And on the Front Street, just down from Dennis Todd's.

Ashianna and Bombay Nights are the same company, i agree there food is ok, but my fav indians is just outta bedlington nr the a1 (stannington) char museum, fantastic food, fab price and lovely people

I guy I know put a chincilla in a microwave..,

Is the food at Bombay nights the same quality as Ashiana?

Ashiana is excellent but they dont deliver.

Indians at the station ok too.

Ocean palace chinese used to be good but been poor of late.

Got to be best bite for me!

But then again thats no secret.

If i could find somewhere else that done sliced ham on a pizza instead of diced, i'd try it.

And yeah, i have heard the rumors, but i've never had a dodgy pizza from there, unlike other places i've been to.

The food is meant to be exactly the same at bombay nights and ashianna.

I love chinese but still yet to find a good one ..... any suggestions of good chinese food in the area?

and can deffo suggest to everyone who hasnt already, to eat out at scaramangas on ya way to blyth ..... food is heaven, i have ate mediterranean food there and also sunday lunch and it has all been fantastic, deserts are the best in anywere!

staff are lovely too!

Hot Millyuns and Kings at The Station do good work.

The Station is quite rightly fabled for the quality of its takeaways; indeed, a menu arrived from a one near the club that does parmo's, so I may have to give that one a try.

Chinchilla's for me though, especially the kebab calzone.

Not quite a takeaway but........ Wiskys on the front street makes a mean Mince n Dumplings on a Sunday!! :)

Where the bliddy hell is Wisky's?!

Hot Millyuns and Kings at The Station do good work.

Agree with you on Kings, best kebab and chips in Bedlington. I don`t normally get chips with my kebab by the way, it`s just that they give a free bag of chips with the kebab :D

Ocean Palace is quite simply S**T since it changed hands. Now on the other hand The Panda Inn also on glebe road is fantastic!

Found out recently that Chinchillas in Bedlington is independant of all the other chinchilla's in the area and have had a lot of complaints,I use the one at Stakeford(Ashington Drive)

For kebabs Kings is the King!!

Wonder why I am so bloody fat? :lol:

The Station is quite rightly fabled for the quality of its takeaways; indeed, a menu arrived from a one near the club that does parmo's, so I may have to give that one a try.

Chinchilla's for me though, especially the kebab calzone.

Whats a Parmo?

Blimey - pies, kebabs, hamshanks, more pies, chips, fat, fat, fat, more pies, more kebabs ....

Try some vegetables or salad with your nosh ... you all know it makes sense. :P

I say 'Death by Broccoli"

Down next to the hairdressers, travel agents etc

Tried there mince n dumplings today

YUMMY!!!!

Sounds like the obvious place to go for an Epicurean feast on a Sunday.