Predicting Crime

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London Underground has a similar platform-based system for predicting if people are about to jump in front of the trains to commit suicide.

"While one passenger may have reported the man wearing a belt with wires coming out of it - the man was only guilty of being an electrician."

Safety is one thing, but when the outcome is mass hysteria on behalf of the authorities resulting in summary execution (and the de Menezes case was by no means the first time this sort of hysteria has happened) then it's manifestly unsafe to install such things. The fact that they work a few times results in lazy thinking - they become a substitute for common sense.

I wonder what the ratio of genuine terrorists stopped to innocent people killed currently stands at? In fact have the police ever shot a genuine terrorist in order to stop an act of terrorism? I can't recall a single case.

I went to Portsmouth once .. full of !*!@# bother heeds,. Chances of getting a kicking there about 3 to 1 any night of the week. No need for cameras. Just dont go there

How about every one gives a DNA sample and has a Camera grafted on there head showing their P.O.V. then when anything kicks off you can have the perfect evidence.... seems the perfect solution.,.. and anyone who disagrees is a Criminal .. go to jail.

Then when an innocent gets topped on the Tube by the Boys in Blue (actually they weren't in uniforn) the Coroner, at today's Inquest, directs the Jury that they CANNOT return an Unlawful Killing verdict. Rubber stamp get-out for all those 'just following orders'.

Picture the scene sometime in the future in a former mining town in Northumberland ...

Bloke quietly walking down the street, stopped by a Bobby, "your papers please", "I ain't got 'em on me", "you know it's a crime not to carry them and we've been watching you on CCTV - up against the wall", bang, bang. Some time later ... "Yes your Honour, I feared for my life and for those around me, I thought he was wired-up, so I shot him", "that's OK Officer you were only doing your duty and following orders - walk free with your head held high".

Sound familiar?

Then when an innocent gets topped on the Tube by the Boys in Blue (actually they weren't in uniforn) the Coroner, at today's Inquest, directs the Jury that they CANNOT return an Unlawful Killing verdict. Rubber stamp get-out for all those 'just following orders'.

Picture the scene sometime in the future in a former mining town in Northumberland ...

Bloke quietly walking down the street, stopped by a Bobby, "your papers please", "I ain't got 'em on me", "you know it's a crime not to carry them and we've been watching you on CCTV - up against the wall", bang, bang. Some time later ... "Yes your Honour, I feared for my life and for those around me, I thought he was wired-up, so I shot him", "that's OK Officer you were only doing your duty and following orders - walk free with your head held high".

Sound familiar?

Procative policing, that's what it's all about.

Just as well those Wigan cops weren't tooled-up.

Just imagine the scene ....

"Yes your honour, even though he was unarmed, as a soldier he could have been a trained killer so we had to shoot him dead to protect ourselves and members of the public".

"That's OK Officer you were only doing your duty and following orders - walk free with your head held high".

Just as well those Wigan cops weren't tooled-up.

Just imagine the scene ....

"Yes your honour, even though he was unarmed, as a soldier he could have been a trained killer so we had to shoot him dead to protect ourselves and members of the public".

"That's OK Officer you were only doing your duty and following orders - walk free with your head held high".

Tough love, it's all these drunkards understand.

• 2 months later...

It's been obvious for some while that when you go though UK customs your details are being logged. Only country in Europe to swipe your passport through a scanner in my experience - other countries have a written constitution with real safeguards on privacy.

This just formalises what we already know. You are already being tracked, and who is with you, is being tracked!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7674775.stm

I don't fear terrorism Mr Hoon, but I do fear politicians like you! Tell me who brought us this "Multicultural Society" in the first place? Power mad politicians like you, and mostly in your party! What a terrific excuse to roll back a thousand years of fought-for freedoms in a decade or two. And in just the same way as you lied in your teeth to get us into an expensive war which took more British lives than any terrorist could dream of doing. What's more in the minds of any thinking person your meddling war is in great measure responsible for your terrorism excuse! To say the two things aren't connected is simple nonsense; do you honestly believe this yourself?

Let's stop kidding ourselves that Britain is the cradle of democracy. It's the rapidly becoming the cradle of the totalitarian state to end all democracy for good. No other state in history has had the breadth and depth of controls that our UK government is in the process of imposing. Eat your heart out Joe Stalin, you've been outclassed by the Brits again!

As history teaches us: Totalitarian states start out only to protect those they rapidly enslave; when the general populous wakes up to the fact that they are in one it's far far too late to do anything about it. Anyone who does anything to oppose the power-mongers automatically becomes a dangerous dissident or terrorist. Wake Up, England - it's a lot closer than you think!

It's been obvious for some while that when you go though UK customs your details are being logged. Only country in Europe to swipe your passport through a scanner in my experience - other countries have a written constitution with real safeguards on privacy.

This just formalises what we already know. You are already being tracked, and who is with you, is being tracked!

I that is to stop illegal immigrants from entering the country on stolen passports!

think you are looking through Paranoid eyes!

you've got nowt to worry about unless your an illegal, a smuggler, or a peadophile. :lol: or on bail for some crime. your not being tracked anymore than before.

I that is to stop illegal immigrants from entering the country on stolen passports!

think you are looking through Paranoid eyes!

you've got nowt to worry about unless your an illegal, a smuggler, or a peadophile. :lol: or on bail for some crime. your not being tracked anymore than before.

Ya joshing monsta aint ya?

No other state in history has had the breadth and depth of controls that our UK government is in the process of imposing. Eat your heart out Joe Stalin, you've been outclassed by the Brits again!

What absolute guff.

Stalin killed millions of his own citizens. Our government is being overly zealous in trying to prevent terrorist attacks.

Get some perspective.

What absolute guff.

Stalin killed millions of his own citizens. Our government is being overly zealous in trying to prevent terrorist attacks.

Get some perspective.

My perspective is history! Ignore it and you are doomed to re-live it!

Even if you trust the people in power now, these powers get handed on to the next lot and the next lot. Sooner or later they will be used in ways you could never have imagined. My bet is sooner!

re-live what? is gordon going to massacre us all? he will be known as gordon the gruesome :lol:

No monsta, you'll undoubtedly be labeled as malleable material and will be presented with a nice shiny uniform.

Until someone discovers that you attended that BNP meeting, and your file (they've probably got one on you already) gets dusted-off! Then as a dissident you'll need to be "re-educated" I'm afraid. :D

No monsta, you'll undoubtedly be labeled as malleable material and will be presented with a nice shiny uniform.

Until someone discovers that you attended that BNP meeting, and your file (they've probably got one on you already) gets dusted-off! Then as a dissident you'll need to be "re-educated" I'm afraid. :D

Equilibrium

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now