Sign in to follow this  
threegee

But How Are You Going To Use The Power?

Nice short simple explanation of i7 here:

http://computershopper.com/feature/what-is-the-core-i7

I like the idea of unused cores going to seep to save juice. But I'm really a flea power computing person who's happy with the new Atom desktop machines. Still, would like a genuine dual core Atom machine sometime though.

puny chips for puny internet pc's

talk about something a bit more powerfull such a the phenom quad core!

puny chips for puny internet pc's

talk about something a bit more powerfull such a the phenom quad core!

Obviously not one of the green lobby then! :D

If you'd read the short article you'd have seen that the i7 is quadcore, and it will scale to eight cores each hyperthreading to look like a 16 core device to the OS. Also the elimination of the FSB should remove a major bottleneck. i7 will likely leave the AMD Phenom in the dust!

I'm very much an AMD supporter, they've kept prices low for everyone for a long time, by giving Intel much needed competition. But, unfortunately they are struggling to keep up at both ends of the market these days. They simply don't have the R&D bucks to throw at problems like Intel does. I don't think they even have a workable 45nm process yet.

Anyway, it's not what you've got it's what you do with what you've got that matters! :D

Obviously not one of the green lobby then! :D

If you'd read the short article you'd have seen that the i7 is quadcore, and it will scale to eight cores each hyperthreading to look like a 16 core device to the OS. Also the elimination of the FSB should remove a major bottleneck. i7 will likely leave the AMD Phenom in the dust!

I'm very much an AMD supporter, they've kept prices low for everyone for a long time, by giving Intel much needed competition. But, unfortunately they are struggling to keep up at both ends of the market these days. They simply don't have the R&D bucks to throw at problems like Intel does. I don't think they even have a workable 45nm process yet.

Anyway, it's not what you've got it's what you do with what you've got that matters! :D

sorry i missed the artical thought it was going to be a pathetic risk chip with a name like i7! intel chips are junk too, intel chips dont overclock very well.

they'll probably cost the earth too and they'll not out amd they never do! phenom is a true quad core not like those core duo rubbish!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Hide Adverts

• Latest News

A caring and much-loved great-great-grandmother has enjoyed birthday greetings from over 3,000 people as she turns 100.
      Former care assistant Rosie Cochrane entered her second century on January 21 this year.
      Although lockdown means the celebration, from her assisted living home in Bedlington, wasn't quite what she might have planned before the pandemic, granddaughter Christine Logan was determined to ensure 'Granny Rosie' was showered with love on her special day.
      Northumberland County Council fostering team manager Christine said: “Growing up I would watch her and my mam care for others, and just knew I wanted to do the same.
      "She has always put others first and cared for others where she can, be it family, friends or through her work. She is a real inspiration and it is because of her I chose my career path and have also fostered to help others in any way I can.
      "It has been a really difficult time not being able to see her. She loves to get her nails and hair done, go shopping and travel. But we know we must do all we can to keep her safe and ourselves right now.

• Latest Topics