But How Are You Going To Use The Power?

threegee

Nice short simple explanation of i7 here:

http://computershopper.com/feature/what-is-the-core-i7

I like the idea of unused cores going to seep to save juice. But I'm really a flea power computing person who's happy with the new Atom desktop machines. Still, would like a genuine dual core Atom machine sometime though.

puny chips for puny internet pc's

talk about something a bit more powerfull such a the phenom quad core!

Obviously not one of the green lobby then! :D

If you'd read the short article you'd have seen that the i7 is quadcore, and it will scale to eight cores each hyperthreading to look like a 16 core device to the OS. Also the elimination of the FSB should remove a major bottleneck. i7 will likely leave the AMD Phenom in the dust!

I'm very much an AMD supporter, they've kept prices low for everyone for a long time, by giving Intel much needed competition. But, unfortunately they are struggling to keep up at both ends of the market these days. They simply don't have the R&D bucks to throw at problems like Intel does. I don't think they even have a workable 45nm process yet.

Anyway, it's not what you've got it's what you do with what you've got that matters! :D

Obviously not one of the green lobby then! :D

If you'd read the short article you'd have seen that the i7 is quadcore, and it will scale to eight cores each hyperthreading to look like a 16 core device to the OS. Also the elimination of the FSB should remove a major bottleneck. i7 will likely leave the AMD Phenom in the dust!

I'm very much an AMD supporter, they've kept prices low for everyone for a long time, by giving Intel much needed competition. But, unfortunately they are struggling to keep up at both ends of the market these days. They simply don't have the R&D bucks to throw at problems like Intel does. I don't think they even have a workable 45nm process yet.

Anyway, it's not what you've got it's what you do with what you've got that matters! :D

sorry i missed the artical thought it was going to be a pathetic risk chip with a name like i7! intel chips are junk too, intel chips dont overclock very well.

they'll probably cost the earth too and they'll not out amd they never do! phenom is a true quad core not like those core duo rubbish!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now