Whats Your Favourite Internet Browser 2008?

Guest JackyMe

WINDOWS based Web Browsers  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest JackyMe

Hello www.bedlington.co.uk members,

Lets make a pool for a best internet browser!

I for example like Internet Explorer most...

So, whats your favourite browser guys? happy0024.gif

P.S. Sorry if it is wrong category.

Hello www.bedlington.co.uk members,

Lets make a pool for a best internet browser!

I for example like Internet Explorer most...

So, whats your favourite browser guys? happy0024.gif

P.S. Sorry if it is wrong category.

Welcome to the forums JackyMe!

its a good topic, that will be well discussed, and has a place in our computer discussions forums.

i realise you cannot post a new topic there, as you are not a member yet, and you wont be able to post a reply if i move it there, so i'll leave it here for a short while.

Best idea would be to follow THIS LINK and register your FREE account!

That way you can keep up to date on all that is happening in the members only forums, and contribute in the main 'computer' section.

Hope to see you there! ;)

My favorite has to be Firefox at the moment.

i changed to Firefox a long time ago because of browser hijacks and pop-ups from IE. I've been told IE has much improved these days, but Firefox ain't let me down so far, so thats what i stick with.

Its annoying that Microsoft make you use their browser to download updates tho. and there should be an option in windows live to default to a browser of your choice when checking mail via the link.

personally i have my mailbox bookmarked in Firefox now, but i shouldn't have too!!!!

I'm not sure exactly whats out there in the way of browsers, so i cant really do a poll on this.

ones i know about are

MSIE (Microsoft Internet Explorer)

Firefox

Opera

Aol (various editions, 9.1 being the latest i believe)

MSN explorer (is this a one? i never used it.)

Anyone know of any more?

• 3 weeks later...

Seamonkey needs adding to the list. Was having a play with it the other night because it has a web editor add-in which is more than passable for editing HTML text pages, and of course a freebie.

Has a very Netscape Navigator feel to it so I presume it comes from that root?

Better of worse than FF? Dunno just yet.

________

P.S. to MONGO: Like the new picture. Much more subtle than the last few, and oodles more subversive. :D

I've used Firefox as my main browser since 2006. I've tried other's here and there (Opera and Safari), but I couldn’t get away with them.

Since upgrading Firefox to the latest version though I've been having bother with it from time to time (nothing that’s already well documented on the net).

The Ad Block Plus add-on for Firefox is brilliant. It automatically blocks adverts on websites. It comes with a pre-installed list of blocked ads (generally the ones that are blocked automatically are the more questionable ads), but you can also block them as you go along.

Download Helper is another nice little ad-on for downloading and converting video straight from a website to your MP4 player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...