Anyone Else Getting Fleeced By Npower?

Thanks, if what you`re saying is correct, it means i had an engineer at my home underfalse pretences of reading my meter..but it turns out he actually added debt to it then changed the weekly payment amount to £10..I knew at the time he was taking a long time just reading my meter, i knew he was up to no good.

Solicitors next then.

Very odd, i am sure they have to tell you if they are upping ya payments, good luck i hope you can sort this out soon

• 3 weeks later...
I'm paying £70 pound per month for electricity which seems a bit steep to me. Not only that but I got a bill from them the other week saying I owed them £187! After emailing them I got a response basically not answering my question but confirming how much I pay each month. Last week I then get another letter claiming I owe £85 - again, no explanation. Am I the only one pulling my hair out over energy companies or is anyone else in a similar boat?

Oh, and watch out for EDF blokes banging on your door - the one that came to mine (after being told for almost 10 minutes that I wasn't interested) even tried to get into my house to use the internet!

haha scottish power sent me a bill for £985 the other day they been estimating my bill at 120 a month for me gas thick !*!@# hope they know how to whistle :lol::lol:

haha scottish power sent me a bill for £985 the other day they been estimating my bill at 120 a month for me gas thick !*!@# hope they know how to whistle :lol::lol:

That's what they did to me. Cost a fortune. Had to pay it back though. Just called them this week to check and found they've been doing it again... reckon they just keep putting us into debt so we have to stick with thier overpriced electric while we pay it back... fettled them this time and caught them in the act, so have changed to Eon... clubcard points too!!! Get telt!! :D

I thought I'd heard the end of Npower once I'd switched to British Gas... but the other day I got a bill through the door for £180 from Npower. How can they bill me when I switched to BG weeks ago? Not only that but because I'm refusing to pay it, their passing it on to debt collectors. Sodding !*!@# ...

I thought I'd heard the end of Npower once I'd switched to British Gas... but the other day I got a bill through the door for £180 from Npower. How can they bill me when I switched to BG weeks ago? Not only that but because I'm refusing to pay it, their passing it on to debt collectors. Sodding !*!@# ...

They can bill you for usage when you were with them, it should be a final bill.

lol, give meter readings every month to your suppliers and your bill will be exact

but why should we the consumers have to do there job for them? lazy money grabbing swindlers they should come out we pay them a !*!@# enough :o

but why should we the consumers have to do there job for them? lazy money grabbing swindlers they should come out we pay them a !*!@# enough :o

it would make bills more accurate, if you give a reading once a month instead of twice a year the bill would not be estimated it would be actual based on cor - customer own read

they will happily send someone out to read ya meter but surely it would save your time ie waiting in to just ring them and tell them ur readings

Thank you Maggie Thacher :lol::lol::lol: Buses that don't run if there arnt enough punters on them and over priced trains that don't turn up, if they do there late.

Thank you Maggie Thacher :lol::lol::lol: Buses that don't run if there arnt enough punters on them and over priced trains that don't turn up, if they do there late.

it al went down hill when they privatised it! fetch back the neeb!

it al went down hill when they privatised it! fetch back the neeb!

You wouldn't say that if you lived in another country where there is little or no competition, and electricity is two or three times the price. The NEEB was also supremely arrogant in their dealings with people and firms. Good riddance!

You wouldn't say that if you lived in another country where there is little or no competition, and electricity is two or three times the price. The NEEB was also supremely arrogant in their dealings with people and firms. Good riddance!

True but where is the real competion in this country?

If you shop around you will be able to find competitors on the market that will either be cheaper or match companies, there is always room for bartering prices with some companies

tha's no bartering with npower it just sign up and get your eyes pulled out! greedy F****** B*******'s hope they cannit sleep at night and die of !*!@# gonorrhea or toe fungus something slow and intensly painful! :D

If you shop around you will be able to find competitors on the market that will either be cheaper or match companies, there is always room for bartering prices with some companies

Have tried all of that, you get an offer thats cheaper than the company that your with at the moment two months time your paying the same or more. I have to agree with Monsta they are rip offs especially British gas, the first to put up there prices and the last to bring them down.

There is no real competition between these companies because they are all price fixers.

Have tried all of that, you get an offer thats cheaper than the company that your with at the moment two months time your paying the same or more. I have to agree with Monsta they are rip offs especially British gas, the first to put up there prices and the last to bring them down.

There is no real competition between these companies because they are all price fixers.

exactly so whats the point of loads of different companies? why not just have one biggin then they can pull ya eyes oot! bring back the NEEB ;)

Now that I've switched to British Gas from Npower I've been submitting my meter readings every week... and I've seen my monthly bills drop from £70 to £33.

All I can say to everyone reading this is SUBMIT YOUR OWN READINGS! Otherwise you'll be paying for energy you don't use!

You can do it online or over the phone 24/7. If you use the phone it's all automated so you don’t have to wait in queues – just ring the number and type in your reading using the keypad – job done.

Don’t pay any more than you need to; get your meter checked and get your reading submitted.

Now that I've switched to British Gas from Npower I've been submitting my meter readings every week... and I've seen my monthly bills drop from £70 to £33.

All I can say to everyone reading this is SUBMIT YOUR OWN READINGS! Otherwise you'll be paying for energy you don't use!

You can do it online or over the phone 24/7. If you use the phone it's all automated so you don’t have to wait in queues – just ring the number and type in your reading using the keypad – job done.

Don’t pay any more than you need to; get your meter checked and get your reading submitted.

at last someone that backs me up on this, glad u got sorted

We've been fleeced by NPower too: very much in the same way as Junior Bedlingtonian. A few years ago and over night our payment account went from £250.00 in credit to -£800.00 because they did not do a meter reading for 2 years.

It was a nightmare trying to sort things out with them. They were demanding money via their arrogant, disrespectful and thick minded minion brigade employed to deal with such matters. And who I might add, do not know or understand the meaning/concept of customer service. They were one of the worst customer services I have ever had to deal with in my life.

It took a couple of months to sort out and in the end I had to go above the minions’ head to get things done, getting everything checked and double checked, and make arrangements for payment. As soon as that bill was sorted out and we paid in full we happily dumped them - never to return.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now