A Slow-time Getting Rid Of Apple Quicktime

threegee

Spent ages getting rid of Quicktime and Apple updater from my PC. It doesn't follow any of the normal install/uninstall rules, and stashes stuff all over the place. In fact it seems to have been written so that the average person will simply give up trying to uninstall it. I really do hate Apple, and their vastly overpriced underspecified stuff, but most of all their market manoeuvrings and the veiled contempt they show towards their customer's intelligence!

If anyone knows a simple and easy way to uninstall Apple software from a PC then please advise. Until then you are warned not to go there in the first place. Quicktime - just say no!

I have and did! That's how I got rid of it after a remove tool I downloaded (written by some other guy Apple had driven up the wall) didn't remove very much. Well... that and some manual deletions here and there. Tool was dated 2005, so I guess Apple had taken countermeasures in the interval. :)

Cleaning and compacting the registry is the only way to keep Windys running year on year on year; else you have to go the reinstall route, which I hate. But - as you say - it' not for the faint hearted. Though there are some good tools around that make it a lot less risky than many would suppose.

Cleaning and compacting the registry is the only way to keep Windys running year on year on year; else you have to go the reinstall route, which I hate. But - as you say - it' not for the faint hearted. Though there are some good tools around that make it a lot less risky than many would suppose.

i've never cleaned the registry on my XP desktop and after 4 years, its still running fine...

thats with the help of these programs:

Avast antivirus

CCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti Malware

Spybot search and destroy.

other than those, and regular disk checks and defrags, its been fine without touching the registry...

i've never cleaned the registry on my XP desktop and after 4 years, its still running fine...

thats with the help of these programs:

Avast antivirus

CCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti Malware

Spybot search and destroy.

other than those, and regular disk checks and defrags, its been fine without touching the registry...

I notice you mention Avast, I have used this piece of software ever since I got connected to the Internet, considering its free to home users it a fantastic piece of kit. Constantly searches for updates every time I connect to the Internet and no yearly fee.

Spent ages getting rid of Quicktime and Apple updater from my PC. It doesn't follow any of the normal install/uninstall rules, and stashes stuff all over the place. In fact it seems to have been written so that the average person will simply give up trying to uninstall it. I really do hate Apple, and their vastly overpriced underspecified stuff, but most of all their market manoeuvrings and the veiled contempt they show towards their customer's intelligence!

If anyone knows a simple and easy way to uninstall Apple software from a PC then please advise. Until then you are warned not to go there in the first place. Quicktime - just say no!

It sounds as bad as AOL cant get rid of that once its on your computer its like a nest of spiders it goes everywhere.

Agree CCleaner (fromerly Cra* Cleaner) is one of the best things out there, is constantly updated, and FREE.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

A constantly growing registry is a pain though. You can probably ignore it if you don't experiment that much, and/or upgrade RAM and CPU every couple of years. The slow drop off in performance will go mostly unnoticed.

But, if you've a flea power machine with fixed RAM and limited storge you do need to clean and defragment the registry occasionaly. Its probably one of the things MS should have fixed, but something that there's no commercial advantage in fixing.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now