Eeeeeh, Isn't It Hot?

No silly, not this messageboard, I mean the weather.

The last thing I'd ever do is lower the tone around here but, by jingo! I'm sweating like a lottery rapist here. And that's swearing.

Of course Joe Rooney will no doubt pop up to tell us it gets twice as hot in Canada and he still hasn't taken off his tweed suit and brogues.

No silly, not this messageboard, I mean the weather.

The last thing I'd ever do is lower the tone around here but, by jingo! I'm sweating like a lottery rapist here. And that's swearing.

Of course Joe Rooney will no doubt pop up to tell us it gets twice as hot in Canada and he still hasn't taken off his tweed suit and brogues.

How hot is it CK? It is in the low 30's in eastern and central Canada with high humidity. The west is experiencing 30 to 35 C with medium to low humidity.

By the way CK , I have never in my life owned a tweed suit or brogues. I prefer to dress for comfort or coolness. You should try it. It is Summer after all!

I hope you enjoy the rest of Summer in more comfortable temperatures.

Joe.

Aye, I'm sweating like a glass blower's !*!@# here.

more temperature related sayings please that one was class!!

I've racked me brain and i cannot top it ... havent given up yet like!

I'm not sure if I should try and top it Dave; I fear mumblings of discontent at my puerile behaviour - indulged in mainly because it's an excellent way of skiving at work, when in fact I should be writing an advert. But I can't be arsed!

I'm not sure if I should try and top it Dave; I fear mumblings of discontent at my puerile behaviour - indulged in mainly because it's an excellent way of skiving at work, when in fact I should be writing an advert. But I can't be arsed!

Likewise big fella <_<

Nah, battered sausage.

batteredSausage.jpg

Battered Sausage

Ingredients

4-6 Sausages

220g(8 oz) Self Raising Flour

2 tbsp Corn Flour

Pinch of Salt

Dash of Pepper

1/4 tsp Curry Powder (optional)

300ml(almost one can) Cold Lager

Method

Place flour, corn flour, curry, salt, and pepper into a large bowl. Whisk in the lager. If the batter seems too thick, keep adding more beer in small amounts. If the batter seems thin, keep adding more flour in small amounts. Normally the addition of one or two tablespoons of flour will thicken up the batter.

Dust the sausages with flour, then dip in batter. Dip in flour again and return to batter.

*Tip* Place the sausages in the oil with the basket already lowered.

Cook the sausages in preheated 180C (350F) oil for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crispy. In small home deep fat fryers, the initial temperature of the oil may need to be hotter. The introduction of the sausages will suddenly drop the temperature of the oil. The internal temperature of the sausage should be 71C (160F).

or

ScotchEggs.jpg

Scotch Eggs

5 Large Eggs

250g (just over 1/2 lb) pork sausage meat

1 small onion finely chopped

1/4 teaspon sage

Dried Breadcrumbs

Oil For Frying

Put 4 eggs in pan of cold water, time for 15 minutes when water boils. Rinse eggs under cold water, put in fridge to cool. Combine sausage meat onion & sage. Peel shells from eggs. Divide sausage meat into 4 portions & flatten on floured surface. Put egg in the middle of sausage meat & cover egg. Be sure sausage meat is sealed around the egg with no gaps. Beat remaining egg. Dip sausage covered eggs into beaten egg then roll in breadcrumbs. Drop into hot oil & fry for 7 minutes, turn eggs with spatula until brown. Remove eggs & drain.

These eggs can be eaten hot or cold. Cut eggs in 1/2 before serving.

Submitted by: Mrs. S.B. from Sussex

[Editors Note: I followed this recipe exactly except I deep fried at 190C (375F) until brown. They turned out fantastic!]

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you very much Nigel Slater.

Getting back to the weather. CK particularly should like this!

Last week and up until Monday of this week, the weather in and around Calgary was sunny, with temperatures ranging from 30 to 34 Celsius. On Tuesday, it cooled off, and the temperature dropped to 26 Celsius.

Last night we received a TV report warning of severe thunderstorms, the possibility of tornados, and maybe heavy rains.

At 10 PM we heard thunder, then it began to rain, and then came the hail! I have not seen hail like this since last I was posted here in the late 50's early 60's. In an hour, the temperature had dropped from 29 to 14 Celsius.

This morning we found solid piles of frozen hail all around us. Some parts of Calgary reported hail deposits up to 11 or 12 inches. And todays temperature went back up to 24, while tomorrow is supposed to be up to 27, with 28 or 29 by Saturday. My youngest daughter called us to say that in Lillooet BC. it was a record 43 last week, but was down to 8 degrees at 8.00 AM today.

I don't know what it was like in Grande Cache, but this is not my idea of late Summer weather. Maybe this is why some people still call this the "Wild West".

Enjoy your Summer while you may. We are still watching the hail melt!

Regards, Joe