New Sign

Bedlington may not have decent shops, recreational facilities or restaurants - but at least we have A SIGN. This puts us in the same league as London, Paris, New York! (and Dazza if you're reading this we are talking about A SINE).

What's the problem with the terrier logo?

'The dog on the sign is all mine all mine, the dog on the sign is all mine...'

I couldn't agree more, imagine a decent sign in The Station....

1992 - The Spar reports rising weekend sales of onions, chipsticks, cornetto's and penny floaters

1994 - a gang of lagered-up radgies have a tear up

1996 - The Domino has a lick of paint

1998 - The Clayton 'kicks off'

1999 - a riot erupts in pizza stop when the chilli sauce runs out

2000 - The Station's 100th takeaway opens

Guest missvic
Why hasn't the Station got a sign?

the station has those fancy train-themed lamposts and some fancy cobbles... it has enough.

Along with a fine selection of discarded pizza boxes and chip wrappers.

and dried up Dog !*!@#....... Easy now!. hay denzeal checkout your post count woooooooo :ph34r: the station only needs one sign ... the way to the top end! hoho

Why hasn't the Station got a sign?

Once again our tax dollars go towards featherbedding the corpulent millionaires living high on the hog up the top end.

Sort it out, Malcolm Robinsons!

Ok Ck!

Your post isnt too far removed from fact! The Station shared in a regeneration grant of over a million squid not too long ago and I tried to get Bedlington as a whole into that pot. Not possible came the reply. Why, the Top End of the town is too well off?????????? The powers that be actually said the rest of the town isnt "needy" as much as the Station! Wish I could remember the exact word.

As for those "Nuclear Free Zone" signs I suppose you could always rip one off and put it on your head to protect in the event of an intercontinental ballistic missile strike! I felt safer anyway.

Leisure centre, one was supposed to go into the Gap Site, when that fell through because of the collapse of the Hartford Hall development, a super dooper surgury was supposed to be built which would have closed all of the outlying doctor surguries at Guide post, and the Station areas. That fell through and all the while a group were trying to get that Gap Site for............ a small shopping arcade.

" Wish I could remember the exact word."

Ah, ha, the word used was "deprovation". Bedlington Station was classed as an area of "deprovation" and as such attraced grant funding for various schemes. I was quite pleased not to be living in an area which had been classed in that way but it did mean we couldn't get a penny! If anyone disputes that as a governmental adjective "awarded" to the Station I think it was the Single Regeneration Budget number 1 which did the classifications.

I knew a few depraved souls who lived down there and so may well have been deprived.........

" Wish I could remember the exact word."

Ah, ha, the word used was "deprovation". Bedlington Station was classed as an area of "deprovation" and as such attraced grant funding for various schemes. I was quite pleased not to be living in an area which had been classed in that way but it did mean we couldn't get a penny! If anyone disputes that as a governmental adjective "awarded" to the Station I think it was the Single Regeneration Budget number 1 which did the classifications.

I knew a few depraved souls who lived down there and so may well have been deprived.........

station knacka - class folk

Along with a fine selection of discarded pizza boxes and chip wrappers.

Please take your rubbish home with you........ :D

and dried up Dog !*!@#....... Easy now!. hay denzeal checkout your post count woooooooo :ph34r: the station only needs one sign ... the way to the top end! hoho

top end is a dump as well pal

• 1 month later...

Having lived and worked here for the last three years I have to say that I think Bedlington is not so bad (compared with the suburbs of London). However I do agree with the comments that the council could do a lot more to get the empty commercial premises filled with new business. And by this I don't mean letting property developers turn them into flats!

Then new street furniture looks good, it's just a shame that the council demolished the big flower planters by the Red Lion to replace them with the new ones. Why didn't they leave the old ones so the new ones were in addition to them? What a waste of money!

They'll get well watered late at night. And decorated with kebab wrappers.

i found it quite ammusing yesterday, whilst driving to work after using a few bottles of evian and a watering can to get washed and shaved, a bloke stood on the back of a wansbeck council van ( the one with the big bowser on and a 'petrol pump' type hose)

WATERING THE FLOWERS outside peoples houses, while they were at the market place fighting for water!!!

i wish i'd had a camera!!