Floods

charlie

Has anyone's property suffered from the floods?

We had to plodge down the drive to get to front door (water nearly to my calves), fortunately our front door has quite a high step up to get in house so no damage to property only a bit of water got in the garage.Further up the street a few neighbours had pumps going and buckets bailing water out, a couple of them had sandbags ready but water still got in.

Can only imagine the devastation to properties faced by some of the inhabitants of Morpeth and those poor people who were evacuated.

From Humford to the Dam a lot of the path has gone, water level has never been as high.

Weather been good today but i can hear the rain starting again now, hopefully it won't last all night and be as bad as yesterday, not sure of the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

Has anyone's property suffered from the floods?

We had to plodge down the drive to get to front door (water nearly to my calves), fortunately our front door has quite a high step up to get in house so no damage to property only a bit of water got in the garage.Further up the street a few neighbours had pumps going and buckets bailing water out, a couple of them had sandbags ready but water still got in.

Can only imagine the devastation to properties faced by some of the inhabitants of Morpeth and those poor people who were evacuated.

From Humford to the Dam a lot of the path has gone, water level has never been as high.

Weather been good today but i can hear the rain starting again now, hopefully it won't last all night and be as bad as yesterday, not sure of the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

Heavy rain forcast for Tuesday

After reading of the devastation in and around Rothbury and Morpeth in the on-line Sunday Sun we saw some of Morpeth on our news, and it doesn't appear to be over yet, I see more of it on way about Tuesday, I hope you are all safe and dry, our thoughts are with you.

BTW we had our first snow last weekend!

Vic

It all looks so nasty on the news. I've never known Morpeth to flood before. Pretty much every river in the north east rose considerably over the weekend, just looks like Morpeth got the short end of the stick. Cheer up though, there's a tail end of a hurricane heading over towards us from the states. That's nice of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now