Prediction League

beddersleaguedec.jpg

todays standings...

i dont see any challenge Cympil... did you remove it?

No i didn`t remove it, but it`s probably dissappeared since you didn`t accept it :huh:

Anyway, still a while to go but i wonder who is winning?..by 13 points :D

post-818-1230582158_thumb.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy 2009, predictioneerers!

December 2008 ended with a blanket finish at the line, it literally couldn't have been more exciting. Scores on doors:

MrDarn 42 pts

Supermac 41

TonyC 41

Geddy 38

Denzel 34

PDean 34

Hamburger Pimp 29

Dave Pa 28

Hats off to Mr Darn for a well-earned victory that shows that the real way to get maximum enjoyment from a prediction league is to simply eschew the whole guessing element and joylessly type 1-1 for every single game.

That's livin', alright.

At the seamy end of the table some negligence on the part of Dave Pa allowed yours truly to avoid the wooden spoon. As Homer Simpson said, the two sweetest words in the language are "de fault!"

The moving finger of time moves on, we arrive in January innocent and blinking, back to life, back to humanity, back to zero points.

Keep flicking to kick!

Hats off to Mr Darn for a well-earned victory that shows that the real way to get maximum enjoyment from a prediction league is to simply eschew the whole guessing element and joylessly type 1-1 for every single game.

That's livin', alright.

go on! give my secrets away!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There`s something weird going on in my Prediction League :mellow:

I just logged in to do my predictions and noticed the bottom two for the 14th and 18th of Febuary, already had results in? Portsmouth 1 Man City 1 and Man Utd 3 Fulham 1 ???

I`ve never put those results in? Anyone else got this problem? :o

There`s something weird going on in my Prediction League :mellow:

I just logged in to do my predictions and noticed the bottom two for the 14th and 18th of Febuary, already had results in? Portsmouth 1 Man City 1 and Man Utd 3 Fulham 1 ???

I`ve never put those results in? Anyone else got this problem? :o

Yes, well I am not sure it could just be me getting confused but last month there was a full premier league program on the Tuesday and Wednesday night. Over the two nights I acquired 13 points but the league table only showed 5 of theses points. Perhaps our leader HP can throw some light on the strange goings on.

Yes, well I am not sure it could just be me getting confused but last month there was a full premier league program on the Tuesday and Wednesday night. Over the two nights I acquired 13 points but the league table only showed 5 of theses points. Perhaps our leader HP can throw some light on the strange goings on.

I hope so..this has never happened before. Mind you, i`ve left the results that were in just incase they`re winners :D

I think these are re-arranged fixtures, that have previously featured in the prediction selections. When they were postponed, the saved predictions were held in limbo until they re-appeared on the "coupon", as it were.

I love this guy.

What's that coming over the hill, is it an update, is it an update?

You bet your bippy it is! Any suggestions that this is only because yours truly got a decent score for once would be well wide of the mark.

Well wide.

Anyhoo, let's crack on and find out who's going home with the prom queen and who's going home in a JFK ambulance.

Pete 11 pts

Hamburger Pimp 9

DavePa 9

Supermac 8

Mr Darn 8

Geddy2112 5

Denzel 5

TonyC 3

Props and mad love the way of Pistol Pete, shooting the lights out with a big 11 points.

The rest of you, keep pressing and guessing.

L8rs!

• 3 weeks later...

Well paint me blue and call me Suzie, it's only gone and turned into March, hasn't it?

While this may signal a high day and a holy day for our Welsh brethren, what it means to us Beddy Preddy leaguers is that another month's competition is over.

Let us proceed to the results and see who are the spring chickens and who are the spring rolls.

DavePa 23 pts

Hamburger Pimp 22

Pdean 21

Mr Darn 19

Denzel 18

Supermac 15

Geddy2112 14

TonyC 10

Hats off to the mysterious DavePa, a worthy winner by a short head. Who knows who will be plucked out by the fickle hand of fate this month?

Keep clicking and picking!

• 1 month later...

Good morning, grapple fans.

It seems that prediction fatigue is setting in. People are lolling listlessly in their laze-e-boyz, not bothering to bung in their projected scores. Only two competitors gave themselves the maximum opportunity for points by predicting every game last month.

And what a month it was. TonyC was killing it there, skating away with the title by a massive 14 points. Good shooting, feller!

March final standings

TonyC 43 pts

Deleted Account 29

Supermac 24

DavePa 13

Hamburger Pimp 13

Geddy2112 13

Pdean 9

Denzel 3

Denzel 3

:D

April's fixtures start today, everyone is back to zero. Get down and get with it!

To quote Toyah Wilcox, it's a mythtery. Your rogue sixth point appears to come from the Aston Villa vs Liverpool game from March 22nd. However, my own record-breaking total of 14 (best among Newcastle fans, thanks for asking) only amounts to 11 when the scores are checked.

Perhaps it's something we aren't meant to comprehend.

Hamburger Pimp 14pts

TonyC 7

Supermac 6

DavePa 6

Geddy2112 6

Deleted Account 1

Denzel 0

Pdean 0

Pete and Denzel appear to have given up. For shame, sirs! Did Captain Scott just give up at the Battle of Trafalgar and let Rommel have his way? Of course not.

Once more into the breach, mon braves, once more i. the b.