The River Blyth And The Woods

is the river blyth polluted again as its fn stinkin and av not see any fish in it!

the woods too is far to over grown! i know they say leave it for the wildlife and stuff but its nowt more than a tangle of nettles and brambles!

is the river blyth polluted again as its fn stinkin and av not see any fish in it!

the woods too is far to over grown! i know they say leave it for the wildlife and stuff but its nowt more than a tangle of nettles and brambles!

One of the most effective measures against air pollution,is to leave wide areas of trees and brush to grow and generate oxygen.

Good for the wild life too!

Joe.

One of the most effective measures against air pollution,is to leave wide areas of trees and brush to grow and generate oxygen.

Good for the wild life too!

Joe.

true but theres a difference between a well managed wood land and overgrown waste land! weres the pleasure in walking in 6 foot high nettle beds? its just wansbeck councils way of saving money!

true but theres a difference between a well managed wood land and overgrown waste land! weres the pleasure in walking in 6 foot high nettle beds? its just wansbeck councils way of saving money!

In the Spring of 1953, before I left for Canada, I took a walk up the River Blyth from the Furness Bridge.

I tried to walk up the hapenny woods side, but the houses were all demolished, and the footpath was blocked with

bushes, brambles, nettles and assorted garbage.

And that was long before the Wansbeck council system was foisted on the people of Bedlington.

So, I guess that nothing has chenged, has it!

Joe

In the Spring of 1953, before I left for Canada, I took a walk up the River Blyth from the Furness Bridge.

I tried to walk up the hapenny woods side, but the houses were all demolished, and the footpath was blocked with

bushes, brambles, nettles and assorted garbage.

And that was long before the Wansbeck council system was foisted on the people of Bedlington.

So, I guess that nothing has chenged, has it!

Joe

its on it way to a complete waste land unlike plessy or humford which are still well looked after!

what would people say if plessy was left to get over grown? i the plessy car park ticket machines would be quite empty and the fn shop and stuff would be out of business! so why is the woods from the hapenny woods any different!

its on it way to a complete waste land unlike plessy or humford which are still well looked after!

what would people say if plessy was left to get over grown? i the plessy car park ticket machines would be quite empty and the fn shop and stuff would be out of business! so why is the woods from the hapenny woods any different!

I agree with Joe on the point he made about Wansbeck distric council, as far as I remember the woods were never looked after apart from the grass around the band stand. But that does not mean that Wansbeck should sherk their responsibilities when it comes to the woods.

The area near the banktop down past the black bridge was always overgrown and wild not like today, they have removed most of the trees and bushes and its nearly all grass land.

In the right location and under strict controls these areas are very valuable to the preservation of birds, animals, fish and all the other little critters! but is that the right area or just bad management? it would be nice to hear from a conservation officer!

Because of the fire risk around this town in the past few years they had to create several fire breaks by cutting down lots of the trees that are creating a risk, that has changed the habitat of many of our wildlife, not all bad but nevertheless changed.

Vic

Guest MONGO

aye the council are taking the piss with the woods i remember when they used to cut the grass it looked alot better but they stopped cutting it coz it costs 2 much money to cut it now its an overgrown mess the only part they look after is the parts you can see as you drive past the stingy bastards

aye the council are taking the piss with the woods i remember when they used to cut the grass it looked alot better but they stopped cutting it coz it costs 2 much money to cut it now its an overgrown mess the only part they look after is the parts you can see as you drive past the stingy bastards

Will it get any better when the Wansbeck council are gone and the new authority are in place? Or will it be just the same?

Will it get any better when the Wansbeck council are gone and the new authority are in place? Or will it be just the same?

probably worse! as they live in morpeth, bedlington will probably be forgotten completely!

but morpeth park will be nice! :huh:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now