2 Million Now........

"Now the funding package will be invested in grant aid to owners or tenants of historic Front Street buildings, to improve their premises along conservation guidelines."

What the hell does that mean?

Guest missvic
"Now the funding package will be invested in grant aid to owners or tenants of historic Front Street buildings, to improve their premises along conservation guidelines."

What the hell does that mean?

99.9% of the money will go towards planning, scrutiny and council backhanders while the other 0.1% will buy Tesco a new flashy sign :angry:

99.9% of the money will go towards planning, scrutiny and council backhanders while the other 0.1% will buy Tesco a new flashy sign :angry:

aye and what about a new sports centre or something for the kids??? That would be nice instead of making a guost town look nice. Wouldn't it. :angry:

Pam

Doughpee, the cash should be ring fenced now so it should be a fact! Last upgrades on Front Street were for street furniture, a smallish grant obtained by community spirited people wanting to make the town look a bit better. The one before that was for footpaths, obtained by WDC: course they put down patio slabs instead of paving slabs but that is another tale..................

Dave, you might well ask. It may well be that commercial property owners will be given this funding to upgrade the front of their premises and at first glance looks like a very good deal for them even if there are time limits attached! It may well HAVE to be structured like that to get them onboard!

Missvic, so much cynicism from one........! There are ways to try and make sure that doesn’t happen, if you are interested? But you have identified what I think could be a major problem within the scheme, Tesco.

Theduncow, there is still the initiative to get a sports centre (of sorts) at Gallagher Park and I know people are working to try and get the school playing fields opened up for community usage.

At the end of the day it is YOUR town, if you want to let the civic planners etc have carte blanch and decide how and where the town develops so be it, but you abdicate the right to criticise afterwards! I think it is pretty fundamental for a community website like this one to discuss and debate changes in the town which affect everyone so...........

Doughpee, the cash should be ring fenced now so it should be a fact! Last upgrades on Front Street were for street furniture, a smallish grant obtained by community spirited people wanting to make the town look a bit better. The one before that was for footpaths, obtained by WDC: course they put down patio slabs instead of paving slabs but that is another tale..................

Dave, you might well ask. It may well be that commercial property owners will be given this funding to upgrade the front of their premises and at first glance looks like a very good deal for them even if there are time limits attached! It may well HAVE to be structured like that to get them onboard!

Missvic, so much cynicism from one........! There are ways to try and make sure that doesn’t happen, if you are interested? But you have identified what I think could be a major problem within the scheme, Tesco.

Theduncow, there is still the initiative to get a sports centre (of sorts) at Gallagher Park and I know people are working to try and get the school playing fields opened up for community usage.

At the end of the day it is YOUR town, if you want to let the civic planners etc have carte blanch and decide how and where the town develops so be it, but you abdicate the right to criticise afterwards! I think it is pretty fundamental for a community website like this one to discuss and debate changes in the town which affect everyone so...........

From what I hear. A sport centre's been on the cards for 30 years or more. Be nice if they finally get a round to doing it. I mean why did they demolish the humford baths?

From what I hear. A sport centre's been on the cards for 30 years or more. Be nice if they finally get a round to doing it. I mean why did they demolish the humford baths?

health & saftey! :huh:

The problem historically with the likes of sports centres/swimming pools etc is that they are a drain on the ratepayers. Yes lots of people shout about not having one but maybe it is just a case of ‘keeping up with the Jones’s’ as in most cases the same people never frequent the places and so never pay anything towards making them self financing. This could in some way be alleviated by “ours’ being a multi use facility and by so being try to attract as many different paying ‘customers’ as possible. Also it could end up being the community centre? Course it is all pie in the sky at the minute...........

I think they'll need a bonny sight more than £2 million to build a decent Sports Centre/baths.

..............fond memories of Humford Baths as well :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now