How Do I........... Edit Mudic

SPLODGE

How i do edit a song which i have downloaded into mp3 format. can anyone suggest a vave editor which is easy to download and use. I would like to take a piece out of a song and use it for different applications.

What applications would you like to use it in? Different apps require different formats and bitrates..

I presume you mean you currently have the file as an MP3 on your computer, rather than you want it "edited into MP3"? (Isn't grammar and punctuation wonderful :) )

Give me a bit more info and I'll point you in the right direction :)

What applications would you like to use it in? Different apps require different formats and bitrates..

I presume you mean you currently have the file as an MP3 on your computer, rather than you want it "edited into MP3"? (Isn't grammar and punctuation wonderful :) )

Give me a bit more info and I'll point you in the right direction :)

thanks sterling

i have the file and many other on my pc as mp3 format.i am running windows xp home edition.dowmloading mp3 isnt a problem but what i want to do is take a 'slice' out of the song and use it elsewhere as an mp3/mp4 file.

thankyou any help wil be appreciated

Right well I have two options for you in that case - there's the freeware option, and the trial version option if you are willing to spend a bit of money for the right program...

The freeware option is about as pretty as Cinderella's sisters - but it's easy enough to use, and the website gives you a few hints in case you're not sure: http://home.hccnet.nl/p.luijer/

The trial version software is approximately $30US and you get 30 days to use the program before you need to buy it. http://www.mymusictools.com/splitter_joine...oiner_26268.htm

If you think you'll be doing the cutting quite a bit then I would recommend you purchase the latter, but if its going to be for a one-off cut every so often for the likes of a phone ringtone then the freebie is more than enough for your needs.

Right well I have two options for you in that case - there's the freeware option, and the trial version option if you are willing to spend a bit of money for the right program...

The freeware option is about as pretty as Cinderella's sisters - but it's easy enough to use, and the website gives you a few hints in case you're not sure: http://home.hccnet.nl/p.luijer/

The trial version software is approximately $30US and you get 30 days to use the program before you need to buy it. http://www.mymusictools.com/splitter_joine...oiner_26268.htm

If you think you'll be doing the cutting quite a bit then I would recommend you purchase the latter, but if its going to be for a one-off cut every so often for the likes of a phone ringtone then the freebie is more than enough for your needs.

thank you sterling for your sterling help.the download did just the trick.all i need now is the time to start altering my music files.

cheers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

Use Audacity.

Audacity.

I was going to say that, but as it's a Linux utility that someone has ported to Windoze - and in all fairness I'd have to point out the other five or six totally free Linux open-source packages for doing more or less the same thing - I thought it might somehow show Microsoft in a bad light. ;):P:lol:

is there a way to save the clips as mp3 with audacity? i forget...

With the plugin, yes. That's available for download off the same site.

I didn't recommend it purely because it's open source software which is being used on Windoze - pretty much the point that threegee noted - I have had issues with open source stuff in the past and have found that for (forgive the phrase) amateurs, it is usually best to use a bespoke program, despite it having a lack of functionality over Audacity.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now