Blast From The Past

Guest missvic

how odd...

not even 10 minutes ago i was just discussing the delights of the place...

and asking whether there was really a chap who used to walk about with a cigarette tucked into his... *blushes*... well, whats the politically correct term for it....?

anyway, was he real?!

Had a bag of salt and vinegar Chipsticks for dinner - may have to have an onion and a Cornetto later.

i had one of those giant strawberry sweets today, my nephew brought a big bag of em in...

10p each nowerdays those... or you can get a smaller version of the old mouthfull for 6p.

ahhh, the days of ha'penny sweets are long gone! i remember handing over 1p one day and getting 4 sweets back! :mellow:

oopps! domino???? my bad, diddnt see that bit...

ahhh, the days of ha'penny sweets are long gone! i remember handing over 1p one day and getting 4 sweets back!

It's the p's and the d's that separate the sheep from the goats! :)

There once was a 1d bar of chocolate, though by my day it was rather tiny.

Mind you a 6d (2.5p) bar of Cadbury's Fruit & Nut from Watsons Newsagents lasted several pages of The Eagle comic on the United bus. Sheer quality - except the United bus! :D

http://www.dandare.org/eagle/frontpage/frontpage.htm

Guest missvic
I believe "hog's eye" is the phrase that pays.

so did anyone ever see the hogs eye tab smoker? or was he an urban myth like those that rumoured that you could freely buy and/or take drugs on the premises or that if you went over to 'the blyth side' you might die...

not even 10 minutes ago i was just discussing the delights of the place...

the one vivid memory i have of the domino was standing near the front door, on the uppermost landing (where the tables where). it happened the same every time, a loud shout, a breakage of glass then the 'mexican wave' of bodies all piling in for a piece of the action.

was a great viewpoint, never did find out if anyone got badly hurt.

the wave nearly always started at the right hand bar at the bottom of the 'chill-out room' staircase, moved accross the middle landing where the pillars were, back again, then down onto the dancefloor.

ahhhh, the good old days!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... never frequented the dom as an adult, but, WHO remembers the Saturday afternoon disco's??? 50p got your bus fare down, entrance fee, & 2 paper cups of cola. Home in time for Dr Who on the telly -_-

.... now I'm sounding like my mum when she talks about fish & a penneth. Age is scary!!!!

Ah! yes, I remember Kim, a classy lady well suited to Denzel, and also the manager who left one of the young staff 'up the duff'. If her mother finds out the guy will be castrated :D

Harumph!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now