Problem Caused By Installation Of Roxio Software

Carole

I installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 for a one-off job to edit a collection of old cine films which had been transferred onto DVD. I had various difficulties with the Roxio software, in particular the Drag-to-Disk function. One problem was that it seemed to have disabled the function within Windows which originally copied pictures to CD, ie. 'Copy to CD' in Picture Tasks. Now that I've finished the editing job I decided to get rid of Roxio and I have uninstalled the whole suite including Drag-to-Disk (using Add or Remove programs in Control Panel). I'm left with no way of copying pictures to CD because the 'Copy to CD' function has not been restored to the 'Picture Tasks' Menu. Too much to hope for I suppose.

Does anyone know if I can reset the 'Picture Tasks' Menu to restore the original functions? I'm not keen on reinstalling Windows XP if I can avoid this. Help would be very much appreciated.

I installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 for a one-off job to edit a collection of old cine films which had been transferred onto DVD. I had various difficulties with the Roxio software, in particular the Drag-to-Disk function. One problem was that it seemed to have disabled the function within Windows which originally copied pictures to CD, ie. ‘Copy to CD' in Picture Tasks. Now that I've finished the editing job I decided to get rid of Roxio and I have uninstalled the whole suite including Drag-to-Disk (using Add or Remove programs in Control Panel). I'm left with no way of copying pictures to CD because the ‘Copy to CD' function has not been restored to the ‘Picture Tasks' Menu. Too much to hope for I suppose.

Does anyone know if I can reset the ‘Picture Tasks' Menu to restore the original functions? I'm not keen on reinstalling Windows XP if I can avoid this. Help would be very much appreciated.

I could be wrong but sometimes when you uninstall stuff it comes up with something like. One or more programs share some of the items you are uninstalling. If it said this then you may need to reinstall roxio then when its say this again then select the items you uninstall. Not sure. Without actually seeing the problem & having a fiddle I'm not too sure but you could try it. It won't harm anything I suppose. Good luck.

I could be wrong but sometimes when you uninstall stuff it comes up with something like. One or more programs share some of the items you are uninstalling. If it said this then you may need to reinstall roxio then when its say this again then select the items you uninstall. Not sure. Without actually seeing the problem & having a fiddle I'm not too sure but you could try it. It won't harm anything I suppose. Good luck.

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I've tried this but you only get the option to select out uninstalling Drag-to-Disk or the whole of the rest of the software suite. If I'd known at the outset what I do now I would have tried a customised installation to avoid installing Drag-to-Disk in the first place.

Me personally, i would try running a program like ccleaner

this will erase the old stuff left behind from the old install and should bring back the old functionality. if it does not, the worst that can happen is it cleanes up your pc a bit!

click HERE to download it...

Thank you - I now have a cleaner PC but sadly no restoration of the missing function. It feels as if Roxio didn't just deactivate it so that you would be forced to use Drag-to- Disk, it feels as if it is has deleted this Windows function completely. I'm still hoping for a solution but trying to think of a work around to use instead. I know I could re-install Windows XP and I think I've got everything backed up, but I suspect I might just dig myself into a deeper hole.

• 6 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now