Loathe: The Pool Table In The North

It's a bliddy dis-grace. The inside of one of the pockets has gone, the board has a gradient of about 1:5, there is only one cue, which has a yarking big chunk missing from the shaft, there's never any chalk and the cloth on the table is shabbier than a Harry Ramp's overcoat.

Sort it out, Tony Blairs.

It's a bliddy dis-grace. The inside of one of the pockets has gone, the board has a gradient of about 1:5, there is only one cue, which has a yarking big chunk missing from the shaft, there's never any chalk and the cloth on the table is shabbier than a Harry Ramp's overcoat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try the pool table in the Market Place Club, it's larger than the standard size tables, plenty different sizes of cues to choose from, table recovered last year and cheaper beer while you're playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Proof positive that this is the site that gets things done.

New cues at the north, hot and cold running blue chalk and the pocket has been fixed.

The board still has a slope and the cloth is still threadbare but let us not quibble, this is a RESULT for the forces of decency in our town. Hats off to all concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

get yourself to the Dun Cow man. The table in there is mint. Loads o chalk too. & accordin to the crack the beer great. So come on down. The price is right too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MONGO
get yourself to the Dun Cow man. The table in there is mint. Loads o chalk too. & accordin to the crack the beer great. So come on down. The price is right too.

aye ee would say that a was in the other nite beers ok but not many ppl in

• 1 month later...
Proof positive that this is the site that gets things done.

New cues at the north, hot and cold running blue chalk and the pocket has been fixed.

The board still has a slope and the cloth is still threadbare but let us not quibble, this is a RESULT for the forces of decency in our town. Hats off to all concerned.

Is the diddy bat still there?

I can confirm that there are two, count 'em two, diddy bats still in situ.

Additionally, the pool table has been re-covered with a top quality baize and now runs as straight and true as the most exacting cuesman could desire.

Hooray for The North!

I can confirm that there are two, count 'em two, diddy bats still in situ.

Additionally, the pool table has been re-covered with a top quality baize and now runs as straight and true as the most exacting cuesman could desire.

Hooray for The North!

I don't believe for one minute that the North has TWO diddy bats! I may have to venture in this afternoon, purely for research purposes. I might even have a pint when I'm there.

• 3 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now