Philips Solidburn Dvd/cd Drive Connections

lsw235

Philips Solidburn Dvd/cd connections inside case.

My Samsung drive was replaced for the above quoted one, which

my son said was better???

To cut a long story short, the dvd drive cables are disconnected in the case.

Dont know how they shud be connected - wont allow family to touch

anything again. Any help?????

Bill

Philips Solidburn Dvd/cd connections inside case.

My Samsung drive was replaced for the above quoted one, which

my son said was better???

To cut a long story short, the dvd drive cables are disconnected in the case.

Dont know how they shud be connected - wont allow family to touch

anything again. Any help?????

Bill

Unfortunatly, if you are really that unsure about how they should be connected, i would suggest taking the tower to a repair shop who will do it for you for a few pounds.

If it wasnt as easy as unplugging the old drive and plugging in the new one, chances are the new drive is a SATA drive, or your old drive was really old, and will require either a conversion cable or a replacement drive matching your connections.

Always a bad idea to be fiddling around inside a computers case if your unsure of what you are doing tho, sorry!

hi just thought i would add the thick ide cable only fits one way same as the power cable so you dont have to worry about putting them in the wrong way as thats impossible!

do not take it to a shop as they will pull your eyes out! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MONGO
hi just thought i would add the thick ide cable only fits one way same as the power cable so you dont have to worry about putting them in the wrong way as thats impossible!

the ide cables can go in the wrong way if its an old 1 as some of the cables dont have the notch in the cable but if you look at the cable there will be red down 1 side of it this red always faces the power connecter :P:D

do not take it to a shop as they will pull your eyes out! ;)

i dissagree, there are shops out there that are more than honest.

one in particular in ashington is good with me everytime i go in. i had a 'friend' look at my pc a while ago, which he broke my front usb port somehow.

i took it there (ashington) and asked him for his opinion, he opened the cover, unplugged the lead from the main board, plugged it into the socket marked 'USB' and said it was free because i was buying some disks at the same time.

Cant say fairer than that really! Although i do admit, some places are worth avoiding!

i dissagree, there are shops out there that are more than honest.

one in particular in ashington is good with me everytime i go in. i had a 'friend' look at my pc a while ago, which he broke my front usb port somehow.

i took it there (ashington) and asked him for his opinion, he opened the cover, unplugged the lead from the main board, plugged it into the socket marked 'USB' and said it was free because i was buying some disks at the same time.

Cant say fairer than that really! Although i do admit, some places are worth avoiding!

they'll just be hoping you'll return with a real problem! waiting like wolves!  :lol:  

and mongo you not on about floppy leads? as every ide lead i've seen has had a notch on it!

• 7 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now