The Red Lion

I know theyd definitely do wonders for this town like :D

I would also like to say that the red lion has been taken over by a mate of mine called scott vincent, lovely lad previously known from dominics before it was movies. hes cleaning the place up and chucking all the kids out. all id like to say is best of luck to him and hopefully hell succeed B)

Pity he`s on about leaving, too low a wage i hear ;)

To be honest just how many of the pubs in Bedlington survive at all is a mystery to me.

Never seems many in the majority of them.

The Lion and Movies is always riddled with under 18's. Would it make a difference if they upped the drinking age to 21?

If you mean "get your facts wrong and make yourself appear foolish, again" then yes. Yes you did.

I bow to your superior knowledge......................................yet again :lol:

bowing.gif

But you got to admit I keep trying :rolleyes:

And you get a laugh at my expense so it can't all be bad :D :D

Now I'm no expert on the licensed victuals trade, I'll leave the technical expertise to the likes of BarLass and Merlin.

One thing I will say is that you can get a bottle of Carlsberg for £1.20 in the Lion. Ideal for the thirsty drinker keeping a watchful eye on the pennies.

Think on.

To be honest just how many of the pubs in Bedlington survive at all is a mystery to me.

Never seems many in the majority of them.

Was in a few weeks ago,there was me wor lass and a mate and a few dodgy characters that was it!No little people in sight,we then went down the street and the only two pubs with a decent clientelle were The Blue Bell and The Grapes,Bedlington I'm afraid is dead.

• 3 weeks later...
for your information as long as youve got a pub licence anybody can runa pub as long as you do ur two week management course

Actually I've just taken over The Dun Cow & it's now my second pub. I have a personal licence & haven't as yet done a two week training course. The guy at the Lion is working for someone else as far as I know. So he's the manager. John Reed had the lease the last I heard. So he probably got the job based on experience I reckon. The two week training course you mention doesn't always happen but Punch Taverns prefer you do one before signing the lease.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now