The Red Lion

A person who sells lucky spigs of heather and bags of pegs, whilst her husband offers to tarmac your driveway.

I know theyd definitely do wonders for this town like :D

I would also like to say that the red lion has been taken over by a mate of mine called scott vincent, lovely lad previously known from dominics before it was movies. hes cleaning the place up and chucking all the kids out. all id like to say is best of luck to him and hopefully hell succeed B)

I would also like to say that the red lion has been taken over by a mate of mine called scott vincent, lovely lad previously known from dominics before it was movies. hes cleaning the place up and chucking all the kids out. all id like to say is best of luck to him and hopefully hell succeed B)

All he has to do now is get the pikeys out,then he might have a chance of a decent bar!!

It's a shame the place is a total !*!@#.

It'll take more than a new blerk in charge to save The Lion. The Sat nights of 5-10 years ago in Bedlington are now nothing but a distant memory. Shame as a crawl up and down the street used to be quality.

It was a good pub in the sixties as I recall, it had rock groups on, on a Saturday night and used to be packed by half past seven but as you say a distant memory.

:D

It'll take more than a new blerk in charge to save The Lion. The Sat nights of 5-10 years ago in Bedlington are now nothing but a distant memory. Shame as a crawl up and down the street used to be quality.

i used to be canny............. times change though :rolleyes: so many ass holes if i'm allowed to say that :rolleyes:

It was a good pub in the sixties as I recall, it had rock groups on, on a Saturday night and used to be packed by half past seven but as you say a distant memory.

You should take it over Pete, turn it into a theme bar.

I remember when if you went in for 730pm on a Saturday night, it'd often take you 15-20mins to get served at the bar - it was that chocka. Morpeth has left Bedlington for dead for being the place to go on a Sat night. That's what happens when you invest in good bars and keeping the riff-raff to a minimum.

Many pubs in Bedlington (perhaps bar The North) are stuck in a bloody timewarp. :huh:

You should take it over Pete, turn it into a theme bar.

Thats a good idea Denzel, it could be just what Bedlington needs, the only problem is would the Goverment let us turn the clock back to the good old days and allow smoking because to do it properly everything has to be as it was.

The Howard Arms (The Market Tavern) and the Railway used to be good as well, packed Friday Saturday and Sunday with good pop groups on.

Ah the good old days the Duke of Wellington was another one, although not in Bedlington.

I remember when if you went in for 730pm on a Saturday night, it'd often take you 15-20mins to get served at the bar - it was that chocka. Morpeth has left Bedlington for dead for being the place to go on a Sat night. That's what happens when you invest in good bars and keeping the riff-raff to a minimum.

Many pubs in Bedlington (perhaps bar The North) are stuck in a bloody timewarp. :huh:

How true that is, every time I come to Bedlington to visit relatives I pass that place and it takes me back to the days when the second hand washing machine shop was nexr door to it as you go towards the Monkey.

I usally use the Market Place Club when I am up there but I did go into the Market Tavern one Saturday night, at 8,15 there was me and two others in there, can't understand how it keeps open.

How true that is, every time I come to Bedlington to visit relatives I pass that place and it takes me back to the days when the second hand washing machine shop was nexr door to it as you go towards the Monkey.

I usally use the Market Place Club when I am up there but I did go into the Market Tavern one Saturday night, at 8,15 there was me and two others in there, can't understand how it keeps open.

Well me and me fatha have just rejoined the clerb Pete, so I'll endeavour to be there next time you're home, with a foaming glass of ale awaiting you.

All he has to do now is get the pikeys out,then he might have a chance of a decent bar!!

he has and another well known name that i shall not be mentioning, hes workin his ass off durin the night and everything to redecorate and make it better. i think everybody should give the pub a go when its all finished, i shall keep you updated.

BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD DAYS :D:D:D

he has and another well known name that i shall not be mentioning, hes workin his ass off durin the night and everything to redecorate and make it better. i think everybody should give the pub a go when its all finished, i shall keep you updated.

Right on Bar lass

It would help if he painted the steps in closing hours, was in not long ago and my shoes were covered in wet paint :blink:

But i must admit, now that he`s opened it up a bit more, it`s looking better.

NO HE HASN'T was in on friday night and couldn't get moved for scrap metal.Yes he's doing it out but to get it to what he wants he's going to have to be hard line on the pikeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking about Scott was he in nappies when he manager of Dominics,he only 24 now and was manager of Red Lion 5yrs ago.This taken into consideration,he must be bloody good,seeing as how you need to spend at least a yr training as manager,and then been working behind bar before even being considered for managers job,then you gotta be 18 before you can serve at the bar,the maths don't just add up,just thinking like,your best mate and all doe's he !*!@# coal and fart cinders :lol: :lol:

so how the **** did you get in

Threegee I'm not trying to tell you your job but this isn't chat central.If I used language like this,or anyone else,we would be PM'd,this person needs to be told,and told straight>Even if I need to make a point on ToTT I always try to asterix out any obscene words.Yes I go a bit far at times but I always remember where I am.Thankyou!

NO HE HASN'T was in on friday night and couldn't get moved for scrap metal.Yes he's doing it out but to get it to what he wants he's going to have to be hard line on the pikeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking about Scott was he in nappies when he manager of Dominics,he only 24 now and was manager of Red Lion 5yrs ago.This taken into consideration,he must be bloody good,seeing as how you need to spend at least a yr training as manager,and then been working behind bar before even being considered for managers job,then you gotta be 18 before you can serve at the bar,the maths don't just add up,just thinking like,your best mate and all doe's he !*!@# coal and fart cinders :lol: :lol:

for your information as long as youve got a pub licence anybody can runa pub as long as you do ur two week management course

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now