a confusing technological world!

Joe Rooney

In which case the filter is unlikely to be the real cause of the problem, but the swap has improved the s/n ratio just enough for now. (Note that doesn't necessarily mean that the new filter is any better than the old, just has slightly different characteristics in your circumstances.)

Your modem/router probably has a line diagnostics page. You need to watch both the downlink and uplink s/n figure. This can vary wildly with the time off day and will likely be worse after dark. A low figure is bad and likely to coincide with the intermittent problem, a high one good.

This page gives me a feeling of warm security in the midst of a confusing technological world!

If I can't get my kids to bail me out, and the grandkids are busy, I am quite sure that there are all of these technical whizzes in Bedlington ready and able to help. And they even know the words for all of these terrible computer fizzles.

It makes me wonder how I came to own and manage a very successful (And profitable!) software firm for all those years, knowing so little.

But, I just stuck to accounting and finance, and left the hard stuff to those wide eyed techhies.

Thank God I had over 200 of them ready and willing to keep me out of trouble.

I really do owe them all a debt of gratitude. They kept me on the straight and narrow, even when I didn't know where that was.

Joe, (The technically inept)!

Doubtful. Probably a "buzzword" Monsta has never heard of! ;)

lets just wait and see!

"Buzzwords are typically intended to impress one's audience with the pretense of knowledge" unlike threegee's buzzwords <_<;):D:lol:

so what was it called then?

Versa Management Systems. Ltd

I negotiated the purchase from the prior owners. With four colleagues, and existing staff, we turned it into an employee owned firm.

This worked very well for several years, until two of my partners decided they wanted to retire. Then I got sick, and had severe limits placed on my activitiesl, and we decided to sell as an ongoing entity.

Definitely not Microsoft, thank God!

Now owned by a group of Toronto and Calgary investors.

Joe.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now