Msn Messenger Sign In Problems

Mr Darn

Anyone else experiencing sign in problems?

i've tried disabling ssl1 in internet options and unticking the 'check for server certificate revocation' but for some reason i keep getting an error.

error code: 81000306

using the messenger troubleshooter shows no problems, and the status says i'm connected to the .net messenger service.

Any ideas?

The answer might be that we've got a MS Certified Expert - or whatever the buzzword is - in town (no sniggering at the back!). Will see if I can persuade him to field it.

also...is there a way you can ignore individual users? :huh:

Those errors, they happen from time to time, but shouldnt last very long. How long have you not been able to sign in for? If your internet is working fine then it's probably one of their servers.

Have you changed any firewall settings recently?

• Like 1

If you go into your controls, under 'options' theres a link to manage ignored users.

Ta! :D

as for sign in problems, they disapered after a while, but now my msn just signs in and out randomly.

i traced it back to a faulty (i presume) dsl filter, as after replacing it, all is well.....

...i traced it back to a faulty (i presume) dsl filter, as after replacing it, all is well.....

In which case the filter is unlikely to be the real cause of the problem, but the swap has improved the s/n ratio just enough for now. (Note that doesn't necessarily mean that the new filter is any better than the old, just has slightly different characteristics in your circumstances.)

Your modem/router probably has a line diagnostics page. You need to watch both the downlink and uplink s/n figure. This can vary wildly with the time off day and will likely be worse after dark. A low figure is bad and likely to coincide with the intermittent problem, a high one good.

i've tried disabling ssl1 in internet options and unticking the 'check for server certificate revocation' but for some reason i keep getting an error.

using the messenger troubleshooter shows no problems, and the status says i'm connected to the .net messenger service.

Any ideas?

This might help, not sure

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...1&SiteID=17

• 1 month later...
In which case the filter is unlikely to be the real cause of the problem, but the swap has improved the s/n ratio just enough for now. (Note that doesn't necessarily mean that the new filter is any better than the old, just has slightly different characteristics in your circumstances.)

Your modem/router probably has a line diagnostics page. You need to watch both the downlink and uplink s/n figure. This can vary wildly with the time off day and will likely be worse after dark. A low figure is bad and likely to coincide with the intermittent problem, a high one good.

yer right????????????? :mellow: all sounds like a load of jargon to me like & I thought I was quite computer literate.

Any ideas?

Had the same problems myself using Vista.

That video "horny milf doing it in the bar" certainly got this silver surfer hot under the collar.

Dun Cow? Dirty Cow more like!!!!!!111!!!!!!GIDDYUP!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Aye, the poor cow certainly got dun :lol:

OOPS, well. BLOODY HUBBY.................................AM GANNA KILL HIM!!!

U Men are unreal. I didn't even know what that site was!!

Just done a search myself!!!!

U men are all the SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still wondering if the info was useful though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I`m sure the info was very usefull to some on here ;):lol:

It was very usefull indeed, gee up, opps Giddy up.

:lol::lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now