Hide Adverts
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy

Mcafee

having probs security centre saying i not fully protected it offering to fix things but............. won't paid up till march so its not that........... says firewall not running

having probs security centre saying i not fully protected it offering to fix things but............. won't paid up till march so its not that........... says firewall not running

get a proper security suite like kaspersky or bit defender etc scrap mcafee tha as much use as norton! :lol::lol::lol:

or use linux and be virus free!

thanks but what can i do till i can afford to sort it

Ignore Monsta, he's on commission from the Ruskies!

It always helps a lot if you say exactly what your operating system is. Some of the world doesn't even use Window$ you know. :)

If XP Pro then hit the [start] button, select Control Panel; then the Security Centre (cute spelling that!) harlequin shield icon; selecting that you should be able to turn the firewall on.

Be warned that all this protection can slow your machine down something awful, and there's no guarantees it will protect you if you do something else silly. There's no substitute for common sense - like not opening e-mail attachment when you aren't absolutely sure of their origin. Ditto for installing so-called "free" software of indeterminate origin.

Ignore Monsta, he's on commission from the Ruskies!

It always helps a lot if you say exactly what your operating system is. Some of the world doesn't even use Window$ you know. :)

If XP Pro then hit the [start] button, select Control Panel; then the Security Centre (cute spelling that!) harlequin shield icon; selecting that you should be able to turn the firewall on.

Be warned that all this protection can slow your machine down something awful, and there's no guarantees it will protect you if you do something else silly. There's no substitute for common sense - like not opening e-mail attachment when you aren't absolutely sure of their origin. Ditto for installing so-called "free" software of indeterminate origin.

:lol:  kaspersky is russian your right! bit defender is not!

any way its just that you have probably picked one of the worst anti virus packages out there (apart from norton) if you dont want to spend any money get AVG its free and it wont acually get rid of viruses but it will detect them!

good luck with mcnaffy!

which security centre is it? the one in XP or Mcafee? if it's XP ignore it! probalbly just XP having a Spazy Fit!

no its macafee i'm having trouble with

goto control panel > Add remove programs > select mcnaffy > uninstall > problem sorted!  :lol:

re installed it too its fine now thanx to mr darn

but is it! how many viruses etc is it actually stopping? it usually misses 3 out of ten!!! 

mcnaffy :lol::lol::lol::lol:

but is it! how many viruses etc is it actually stopping? it usually misses 3 out of ten!!!

mcnaffy :lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol, i must admit, i dont reccomend it....

lol, i must admit, i dont reccomend it....

so lets see what the people would recommend then? i have already recommended mine kasper and bit defender!

so lets see what the people would recommend then? i have already recommended mine kasper and bit defender!

i cant fault Avast! Home edition...

i submit hyjack this logs frequently, and have only once had a virus found, and that was just that daft msn thing that went round... which Avast! cleaned no problem.

Cant ask for more from a free program...

i cant fault Avast! Home edition...

i submit hyjack this logs frequently, and have only once had a virus found, and that was just that daft msn thing that went round... which Avast! cleaned no problem.

Cant ask for more from a free program...

:lol:  its only found one cause it missed the rest! :lol::lol::lol:  did it actually clean it or deposit it in the quarentine bin!

www.avast.com

and it quarentened it. stopped the !*[email protected]# from doing its thing tho, and its fairly easy to delete once quarentined

a hahahahaha just wait till it's time to uninstall! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

uninstall?

dont you mean format?

i dont "do" uninstalls! lol B)

a monkey can do that!

its mr darn doing his bit PC maintainance :lol::lol:

a hahahahaha just wait till it's time to uninstall! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

As far as free anti virus software goes I would agree with Mr Darn, Avast home 4 edition is an excellent piece of kit. AVG is also very good.

I have used Avast for the past three year and encountered no problems. I do agree with you Monsta about Nortons and Mcnafee as you put it, they are both toilet material.