Hide Adverts
jorga

What Year

its not a jetta as the car in the picture has a metal bumper jettas cam with plastic bumpers

as the picture showsand the white car behind it is an austin allegro!

note the back window shape!

Are we looking at the same red car, Monsta, the one in the top picture of the two on the right heading towards the camera? Blow it up - it has a VW badge. The second picture is taken around the same time from a different angle and shows the car partly obscured by the red one - the white one parked on the road - to be a Mini Metro.

Malcolm - in the original picture the silver car on the left is, I think, a Datsun, one of the bigger Bluebird line from the late 70's, and the red car on the right could be a Chrysler Horizon.

Also if it is more blue than silver, it certainly doesn't look metallic to me, it would seem to be a pastel shade dating it to the 60's very early 70's.

The red one looks like Flamenco Red to me a popular Layland colour.

Also if it is more blue than silver, it certainly doesn't look metallic to me, it would seem to be a pastel shade dating it to the 60's very early 70's.

The red one looks like Flamenco Red to me a popular Layland colour.

I never thought this would be a place for 'identify the awful 70's/80's car' discussions but hey, what's a little variety in life? I'm quite sure the blue/silver car is a Datsun, one of the myriad of clunking big models they made in the 70's and early 80's, and if that's not a Horizon, is it the other little hatch they made, wa sit called Sumbeam? Same sort of shape.

ps - an expert on Leyland paint colours - now that is something!!

Edited by mercuryg

Datsun Skylines & Cedrics etc had different fronts.........

140J/160J's had different bumpers.

Early Bluebirds had different fronts with corner indicators.

Its a 2/4 door saloon with a rubbish colour so deffo Ford or BL! Datsun's also had better colours.

If we are agreeing to around 1975ish it has to be a 68-74 car?

Can you see indicators at the side of the headlights?

Yes! On the bigger car, I still think it's a Japanese barge of some sort.

Are we looking at the same red car, Monsta, the one in the top picture of the two on the right heading towards the camera? Blow it up - it has a VW badge. The second picture is taken around the same time from a different angle and shows the car partly obscured by the red one - the white one parked on the road - to be a Mini Metro.

Malcolm - in the original picture the silver car on the left is, I think, a Datsun, one of the bigger Bluebird line from the late 70's, and the red car on the right could be a Chrysler Horizon.

AH HA i was talking about this

post-693-013025500 1290172466_thumb.png

but then i realised you were on about this...

post-693-089785700 1290172474_thumb.jpg

and yes its a jetta or mk1 golf!

AH HA i was talking about this

but then i realised you were on about this...

and yes its a jetta or mk1 golf!

Thought we were at crossed wires there Monsta; you reckon that earlier one is a Samba? Could be, I was thinking Horizon or Sunbeam as discussed. Neither is a Veyron anyway!