"that Horrible Blue Screen"

Monsta®

...is this forum just going to be filled with topics marked 'help'? :D

That's because it needs a moderator! ;):lol: But, in the absence of any offers...

Aye, you`ve got 2 new messages :lol:

Very observant, but it actually says -2 new messages. Which probably means that two people were going to message him, but changed their mind for some reason! :D

Actually it means that his message counter needs resetting, which should happen when someone bothers to send him one or two. :)

:lol::lol: help is what this thread about tho ;)

Yup, it was clearly wrong of me to respond to Mr D by editing the thread title. When someone is so badly in need of "help" I mean! :lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I had the blue screen appear on my comp last week, it turned out it was an Nvidia driver what i had recently updated causing it. I just rolled back to the driver i used originally and it seems to have sorted the problem out.

I had the blue screen appear on my comp last week, it turned out it was an Nvidia driver what i had recently updated causing it. I just rolled back to the driver i used originally and it seems to have sorted the problem out.

I use NVidia myself, and i've had no real trouble with it, although it seems to be a common opinion that their driver writing ability's do need some work.

apparently they have perfected the driver for Win 98SE this year tho... :blink:

NVidia inside is much more likely to persuade me to buy a machine. No very recent experiences, but over the years I've had far less hassle with NVidia than ATI. The latter and their dicky drivers have stolen days in my life!

Now that ATI is part of AMD things might be changing, but I still look for NVidia. Not being a gamer I'm pretty happy with the chipset built-in Intel graphics engines these days. By old-time standards they are pretty nippy, even for video at 1680x1200, and there's no fuss installing drivers (usually!).

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now