Has Anyone Been?

Guest xyz

Guest missvic

Oh my!

For the last few months the green shirts in Walmart have been asking our postcode. I guessed it was something to do with trying to stop the development. I thought they sounded scared.

Last week I did my final shop at Kingston Park... ugh, those big city folk in their 4x4s and the Burberry-clad urchins. I couldn't wait until I my own nirvana came to fruition.

Saturday. My clubcard vouchers came! 'Spend £40 and get £8 off'! Totally get telt!

Monday. I drive up and down the street, gazing at the happy shoppers, giddy with anticipation for Mr Vic finishing work so that we too can join in with this new fangled palace of joy.

Monday evening. It is Somerfield, but with aisles too narrow. And full of people who mustn't have found their way to Netto to buy soap in the great supermarket depression. Not a bruschettini, sun-blushed tomato nor French goats cheese in sight. The girl on the checkout asks me what my aubergine is. Then tells me she knows my courgette is a fruit, but is uncertain what kind it is either.

We escape down the ramp to an unlit and glass-strewn car park, happy in the knowledge that Bedlington has no intention embrace modernity whatsoever.

Oh my!

For the last few months the green shirts in Walmart have been asking our postcode. I guessed it was something to do with trying to stop the development. I thought they sounded scared.

Last week I did my final shop at Kingston Park... ugh, those big city folk in their 4x4s and the Burberry-clad urchins. I couldn't wait until I my own nirvana came to fruition.

Saturday. My clubcard vouchers came! 'Spend £40 and get £8 off'! Totally get telt!

Monday. I drive up and down the street, gazing at the happy shoppers, giddy with anticipation for Mr Vic finishing work so that we too can join in with this new fangled palace of joy.

Monday evening. It is Somerfield, but with aisles too narrow. And full of people who mustn't have found their way to Netto to buy soap in the great supermarket depression. Not a bruschettini, sun-blushed tomato nor French goats cheese in sight. The girl on the checkout asks me what my aubergine is. Then tells me she knows my courgette is a fruit, but is uncertain what kind it is either.

We escape down the ramp to an unlit and glass-strewn car park, happy in the knowledge that Bedlington has no intention embrace modernity whatsoever.

Didnt anyone else get vouchers? I got some through my door on Tuesday... 4 weeks worth; spend £30 get £10 off.

I agree though, the aisles are tiny! It only took two old people to recognise each other and the whole aisles was blocked. I think once it's been open for a month or two things will settle down and it might make the place more bearable.

been in today,bit disappointing not what I expected,but we'll see when the other half of the store is open.

W. I'll give it a fortnight at the outside :lol:

I dont think the other half will be used as the store, just like Somerfield kept it empty to stop the competition getting in. They might use it as storage or something... is that what they are using the old More Store as?

I dont think the other half will be used as the store, just like Somerfield kept it empty to stop the competition getting in. They might use it as storage or something... is that what they are using the old More Store as?

the empty unit next door has three floors,noticed today that there were no clothes on sale nor electrical goods,neither were there any toys or sports goods also household goods were not there either,all of which tesco sell,just thinking that the empty shop will be used for these goods.Also on the map there is an entrance at the bottom leading next door.

the empty unit next door has three floors,noticed today that there were no clothes on sale nor electrical goods,neither were there any toys or sports goods also household goods were not there either,all of which tesco sell,just thinking that the empty shop will be used for these goods.Also on the map there is an entrance at the bottom leading next door.

i got told by an untrust worthy source that more store was going to be an estate agents! :D  and the upper floors where to be offices and the main floor was to be a wetherspoons! :lol::lol::lol:

well they said it was! i smell pork pies! :lol::lol:

heard from a reliable source (one of the builders) that they are not doing anything with the offices but boarding them up for now. if it doesnt take off being tescos for the first year,they will be knocking the whole building down and replacing it with a new one. we will see if he is right or its just rumour.

heard from a reliable source (one of the builders) that they are not doing anything with the offices but boarding them up for now. if it doesnt take off being tescos for the first year,they will be knocking the whole building down and replacing it with a new one. we will see if he is right or its just rumour.

are you sure the builder wasn't a butcher as i smell pork lies! :lol::lol:

i heard it was to be an alqueada training camp! :lol::lol:

Has to be said that the shop was disappointing.was nice to see the bloke whos watchin cctv sober for a change. AND............the alcohol is cheaper at ASDA!!! <_<

Even cheaper at Netto's

Is it true that the building is still owned by Ann Barnes,if so there might be something in them just being here for the short term!

If it doesnt take off being tescos for the first year,they will be knocking the whole building down and replacing it with a new one. we will see if he is right or its just rumour.

If that is the case it would be a "one rule for one, another for everybody else" scenario as the building is within the conservation area.

On the subject of the conservation area, how is it that Tesco can install an illuminated sign when other business owners are having this restriction placed upon them?

Has to be said that the shop was disappointing.was nice to see the bloke whos watchin cctv sober for a change. AND............the alcohol is cheaper at ASDA!!! <_<

so !*!@# ! asda got no choice and sucks and nettos is a health hazard! with its dodgy eletricals and poisoned food!

Totally disappointing! I'll be sticking to Asda for my big shop. Tesco is just like Somerfields with a bit more choice. A few nibbles (well perhaps quite a few) and a couple of boxes of wine (£22 total) for a xmas gathering came to £73! I really don't think they would have been that much at Asda. However Tesco's fresh coriander pees on Asda's!! One more thing, the car park is not designed for pushing trolleys to your car. Now that was a tricky operation when faced with big kerbs and no gaps between cars! Oh well, at least I don't have to get me granny's shopping anymore.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now