Boring At The Moment

Brian Cross

Is it just me but are all the topics really boring at the moment must be cause xmas is just around the corner by the way I would like to say Merry Xmas and a Happy new year to all my friends on the forum (inc Monsta)

If it was in the past 31 years I'll know them! G.C. is a small remote town!

Vic

Tony Robson (electrician at the coal mine) think his Dad was a manager there also.

Tony is now on Vancouver Island, visited him last summer.

We never got to Grand Cache but we stayed in Edmonton and went through the Icefields etc.

Very nice place, bet its cold there now.

I remember Tony, he was underground I was an electrician on surface at that time, I new his father after he married a good friend of ours. (dart players!) He was the mine manager until he retired and also lives in B.C. and regularly visits his daughter across the road from us, I believe they were from Ashington.

Grande Cache is about 5 hours west of Edmonton (our local city) you would have passed through Jasper which is only about 2 hours south of us but also in the mountains. Yes it has been cold -30c but it's only -5c today.

How did you like it over here?

Vic

I remember Tony, he was underground I was an electrician on surface at that time, I new his father after he married a good friend of ours. (dart players!) He was the mine manager until he retired and also lives in B.C. and regularly visits his daughter across the road from us, I believe they were from Ashington.

Grande Cache is about 5 hours west of Edmonton (our local city) you would have passed through Jasper which is only about 2 hours south of us but also in the mountains. Yes it has been cold -30c but it's only -5c today.

How did you like it over here?

Vic

Small world!! yes we liked it out there very much. We have visited Canada and the US a lot as my brother lives in California (ex Ashington pit electrician) and we have freinds in Ontario, Alberta and BC. Tony offered me a job at the mine at Campbell River, but I have a lot going on here, and to be honest I like living in Bedlington! but i can see the attraction in moving out there.

Are you from Bedlington origionally?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now