Reducing Photograph Dimensions!

Joe Rooney

I have received several messages in the past few months. All themes of "why don't you have a photograph of yourself on your profile".

No reason particularly. I am not very photogenic, and there aren't too many pictures of me in existence.

However, my daughter Helen told me recently that she thinks it would settle the possible belief that I exist in the mind of some precocious child hiding behind his mothers laptop. Not so, but I finally agreed to send one in.

Problem is, the only recent photograph of any worth is of dimensions 614KB, and 1382 X 1382 dimensions. I don't know if that is Pixels or Millimetres!

The photo is held, in "My pictures", while my software program is Microsoft "Picture it". I can't find the support manual, so I am at a total loss as to how to reduce these dimensions to meet the site limits. 150 X 150, or so.

Can anyone please help me out with an online or other source of directions!

Otherwise, I may have to stay a figment of someones vivid imagination.

(Not Swalnalla's though. He knows that there really is a Joe Rooney. And he is the only person on the Bedlington site that I can really be sure exists!)

Thanks all!

Joe Rooney

Here is the manual in a pdf file http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/a.../PIE_Manual.pdf

But basically, all you do is..

Open Picture it

Open your photo

On the menu on the left there will be a Resize option, click on that

On the Pixel Dimensions enter the size you want

Click Done then save your photo.

That works for me anyway :D

Hi Joe, I have several programs but I find the easiest on is a free download, first I reduce the picture size then when I save it I add an "R" at the end of the original photo name, this makes it easy to find and use the original picture.

Vic

http://www.showyourphotos.com/showyourphot...sizer_free.html

1382 X 1382 pixels isn't terribly big these days. Try to upload them as-is first. If it doesn't work tell me and I will look into any problems.

The server software produces the thumbnails automatically so there's no need to do that either.

I've bumped your storage space to 50MB so you won't run out of personal space. (Anyone else who is out of space only needs to PM a request for more).

The photo is held, in "My pictures", while my software program is Microsoft "Picture it". I can't find the support manual, so I am at a total loss as to how to reduce these dimensions to meet the site limits. 150 X 150, or so.

Thanks all!

Joe Rooney

If you want a pic of those dimensions Joe, I suggest that you crop it 'square' and then reduce it.

If you want a pic of those dimensions Joe, I suggest that you crop it 'square' and then reduce it.

Thank you all for your help.

After a few days off to get Christmas preparations under control, I came back to this project.

I found the program suggested by Vic to be extremely useful, and easy to use. And for a computer dunce like me that is saying something!

Thanks again folks.

Joe

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now