Happy Birthday

Pete

many happy returns, mr rooney, sir

"Mr Rooney, sir" God! That makes me feel as old as Denzel thinks he is.

But seriously, thank you all for the kind wishes.

Considering that I never knew anyone over sixty when I lived on the Bank Top. This business of being 74 is as big a surprise to me as it is a welcome, though unexpected pleasure.

My family and I had a great weekend in Banff celebrating early. I have to stay away from cakes, cookies, and good wines. But that didn't stop my son , daughter, and four grandchildren from indulging (Except no wine for the grandchildren.)

One of the highlights of the weekend was a comment from my youngest grandchild, Regan (Aged four.) She asked me how old I would be on my birthday. "Seventy four" I told her.A startled look crossed her face, and then it came. Grandpa she queried, "shouldn't you be dead". Dear sweet child, I should know better when I answer any question from a child of that age. But it was fun. And thank you all again.

By the way Swalnalla, things are much the same as when last we met. I trudge along, try not fall down too often, and welcome every day I get.

Again thank you for your kind wishes.

Regards,

Joe

"Mr Rooney, sir" God! That makes me feel as old as Denzel thinks he is.

But seriously, thank you all for the kind wishes.

Considering that I never knew anyone over sixty when I lived on the Bank Top. This business of being 74 is as big a surprise to me as it is a welcome, though unexpected pleasure.

My family and I had a great weekend in Banff celebrating early. I have to stay away from cakes, cookies, and good wines. But that didn't stop my son , daughter, and four grandchildren from indulging (Except no wine for the grandchildren.)

One of the highlights of the weekend was a comment from my youngest grandchild, Regan (Aged four.) She asked me how old I would be on my birthday. "Seventy four" I told her.A startled look crossed her face, and then it came. Grandpa she queried, "shouldn't you be dead". Dear sweet child, I should know better when I answer any question from a child of that age. But it was fun. And thank you all again.

By the way Swalnalla, things are much the same as when last we met. I trudge along, try not fall down too often, and welcome every day I get.

Again thank you for your kind wishes.

Regards,

Joe

Priceless!