Bedlingtons Pubs

:) Hello everyone, Just thought Id start a new topic off about bedlingtons pubs, we all know that bedlington has been going downhill for a a couple of years now but i know we all more or less blame the council for their high taxes that people pay ect ect.

Anyway more to the point what I wanted to say was THE MARKET TAVERN IS GETTING BETTER.everyone has a bad perception of the market tavern being a dive and whatever else they think but I would honestly say it is alot better now, we have the karaoke on a thursday night, every fortnight on fridays we have either gintys taxi which play folk music from the 60's and 70's and the other band is granny smiths maggot, which i might add they are all very talented musicians. we have just been given a piano so when the refurb is done inside we can have sing along nights and stuff like that. All IDIOTS have been barred from the place, there is cameras covering all areas of the pub and we are catering for an older crowd instead of the stroppy teenagers that the pub is known for having in.

It is run by Sarah and her dad Dave, Sarah used to run buzz and slap harry's in ashington about 6 years ago and her dad used to be in the royal navy.also there is her mother maureen and sarah's daughter sacha, oh yeah and her fiancee mark,mark is one of the head chefs at the three horse shoes. Then there's me, Emma, I work part-time there and really love it.

At the moment the pub is being refurbished on the outside, we have new signs, lights ect being fitted and need yet another paint job seen as some plank decided to put grey paint on the walls as they were walking past, acidentally on PURPOSE by the looks of it. The toilets inside have been done out and we now have a kitchen which is in working order ready for the changes to be made inside for the restaurant.

I truly reccomend if people are passing by just to pop in and have a pint, theres a nice atmosphere and you dont have to keep looking over your shoulder to see whos lurking about.

We also have a bored up which consists of what we call 'ritchie-isms.' Its all to do with silly things people say and if they are heard by any of us lot they go up on our board.

Anyway I look forward to seeing everyone sometime soon

Emma x

p.s GRANNY SMITHS MAGGOT-IRISH BAND PLAYING THIS FRIDAY @ 8.30pm!!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, hope others follow suit and i can have a few beers on a friday/sat night without the now obligitory taxi fare to elsewhere.

Whilst were on the topic of pubs, may i push a vote in the way of the Wharton Arms?

Brian has a great bar running there, if your an older type that is...

oh, and rumours are, that bar and the ridge farm got a hefty fine for showing a foregn football channel? :blink::unsure:

anyway, 3 cheers to te wharton arms!

a welcoming pint and a £20 note at the ready whenever your short of cash and in need of a sorrow-drowning afternoon! (aledgedly...)

How's about the offer of a free pint to anyone off of this forum?

not a chance, I only work there!!!anyway if we did that the whole of bedlington would pop in for a free pint.but watch this space as once the restaurant is starting up there maybe a chance of 2 for the price of one on a meal! :rolleyes:

not a chance, I only work there!!!anyway if we did that the whole of bedlington would pop in for a free pint.but watch this space as once the restaurant is starting up there maybe a chance of 2 for the price of one on a meal! :rolleyes:

Restaurant?!

Guest missvic
I was in there over easter the toilets were done out and they stopped a load of pissed up charvas coming in and kicking off !!!

yes, it was quite a cracking night in the tavern. it is truly emerging as one of bedlington's more pleasant hostelries.

though the girls' facilities had certainly not been done out by that point... there was still graffiti that i had left in there back in 1996

yes, it was quite a cracking night in the tavern. it is truly emerging as one of bedlington's more pleasant hostelries.

though the girls' facilities had certainly not been done out by that point... there was still graffiti that i had left in there back in 1996

I walked past the other night and someone had hoyed grey paint over the freshly decorated exterior. Methinks the radgies are hitting back.

I walked past the other night and someone had hoyed grey paint over the freshly decorated exterior. Methinks the radgies are hitting back.

yeah the radgies think they are real artists hence the word 'piss-artists!!!' At the end of the day though they are still outside the pub and not allowed in, whats a little bit of grey paint meant to do, the brewery is paying for it anyway so they'll just paint it and paint and paint it and they'll sharp get sick. I have my suspicions on who may have done it, (same people who put out black bulls window) as the wkend before they gt chucked outta the bull and the tavern but trust me idiots like that wont win with us coz we wont let them. sticks and stones n all that!!

THE RADGIES WONT WIN!!

the lasses toilets is in the process of getting done out, we have new basins and the walls are gettin tiled both inside and outside the cubicles so the writing will be disappearing. the new signs and lights outside are mint, apart from the grey paint the outside of the pub is looking dappa!!! :P

Aye, the tavern was OK last night. It didn't really rock my night though, saying that none of the pubs did! I was really disappointed that Bedlington's favourite drunk driver wasn't there, that is my only serious criticism. I thought the atmosphere and punter numbers could have been much improved had there been a live band. Just a thought. (Would give added advantage over other pubs.)

Aye, the tavern was OK last night. It didn't really rock my night though, saying that none of the pubs did! I was really disappointed that Bedlington's favourite drunk driver wasn't there, that is my only serious criticism. I thought the atmosphere and punter numbers could have been much improved had there been a live band. Just a thought. (Would give added advantage over other pubs.)

Yeah, how about the Tavern management show their intent and get some good live beat combos on?