Forum Offline?

Mr Darn

No answers as yet..Threegee might be able to tell us something..

simple the server went offline no one around to fix it cause its sunday so puzzle solved! 

to those still none the wiser the mouse in the computer box escaped and there was no one around to catch it! :lol: :lol:

but it went off on saturday! :huh:

might of finished early to watch the rugby! who cares the point is the server went offline and there was no one there to fix it!

i mean bedlington.co.uk was probably one of there least worries! 

anyway stop moaning you get the service for free, if you want to moan donate to the cause!

might of finished early to watch the rugby! who cares the point is the server went offline and there was no one there to fix it!

i mean bedlington.co.uk was probably one of there least worries!

anyway stop moaning you get the service for free, if you want to moan donate to the cause!

service? cause? FREE??? what the hell are you talking about???

Apache stopped delivering pages. Ditto to about 40+ other sites.

Wasn't noticed because everything else was working and the status panel said that Apache was running OK and gave it a green. Someone from over the water had to e-mail me to point out the prob. Shame on you Bedlington!

Sorry - a full refund is in the post. :D

Wasn't noticed because everything else was working and the status panel said that Apache was running OK and gave it a green. Someone from over the water had to e-mail me to point out the prob. Shame on you Bedlington!

Has that got anything to do with the site being slow?

Has that got anything to do with the site being slow?

The site is not slow. Change your ISP - they have a lousy connection to the USA, where all the Internet happens. :lol:

i was gonna pm you, but.....

(writes down the email for future ref)

in my defence, i did contact MissVic......

The site is not slow. Change your ISP - they have a lousy connection to the USA, where all the Internet happens. :lol:

There`s nowt wrong with my ISP, it`s this site! i`m not the only one having problems with it! If you had bothered to grace us with your presence once in a while and actually read the post about it you would know that :blink:

So there :D

There`s nowt wrong with my ISP, it`s this site! i`m not the only one having problems with it! If you had bothered to grace us with your presence once in a while and actually read the post about it you would know that :blink:

So there :D

Did read your earlier post, but last time I looked there was no law that says I had to reply to it! Where are these other complaints then?

Server is very lightly loaded. Seldom running at about more than 10% CPU, so I'm afraid we will just have to agree to disagree. Yes, we could put the site on our UK machine to reduce the ping time a bit, but there are several reasons why not at present. If you've got a half decent transatlantic connection via your ISP, and everything else is equal, then the site has good performance.

What you experience on the Internet is seldom what other people experience. Point me at a site that you *think* is faster to load and I will run some comparisons.

Did read your earlier post, but last time I looked there was no law that says I had to reply to it! Where are these other complaints then?

Server is very lightly loaded. Seldom running at about more than 10% CPU, so I'm afraid we will just have to agree to disagree. Yes, we could put the site on our UK machine to reduce the ping time a bit, but there are several reasons why not at present. If you've got a half decent transatlantic connection via your ISP, and everything else is equal, then the site has good performance.

What you experience on the Internet is seldom what other people experience. Point me at a site that you *think* is faster to load and I will run some comparisons.

I for one am quite happy with the performance of the Bedlington site.

So, every now and again it is down for awhile. show me a site that isn,t off occasionaly. Because I certainly don,t have one. Among all of my favourite sites, none of them have a perfect record, and since they are all run by humans, backed up by cantankerous systems, then you get what you get.

So be grateful for small miracles, and the internet is one of those unsung miracles. You kids are just spoiled, you think God just nudges the operators to keep them perfect. Go back abut twenty odd years, and there was no such service, and no such high standards of performance.

Now, if only we could get the standard of the dialogue up to the standard of technical performance, wouldnt that be something. No more lame brained hate tantrums against anyone, and every entry of interest and intelligence, now that would be a true miracle. I must ask God about that when I meet him!

Press on regardless, and you guys in the backroom, you really do, do well!

Thanks, Joe

I for one am quite happy with the performance of the Bedlington site.

So, every now and again it is down for awhile. show me a site that isn,t off occasionaly. Because I certainly don,t have one. Among all of my favourite sites, none of them have a perfect record, and since they are all run by humans, backed up by cantankerous systems, then you get what you get.

So be grateful for small miracles, and the internet is one of those unsung miracles. You kids are just spoiled, you think God just nudges the operators to keep them perfect. Go back abut twenty odd years, and there was no such service, and no such high standards of performance.

Now, if only we could get the standard of the dialogue up to the standard of technical performance, wouldnt that be something. No more lame brained hate tantrums against anyone, and every entry of interest and intelligence, now that would be a true miracle. I must ask God about that when I meet him!

Press on regardless, and you guys in the backroom, you really do, do well!

Thanks, Joe

I'm Going to cry! :lol::blink::lol:

Monsta and Dave have had problems with it and i`m still having problems with it.It took 1 minute 10 seconds from clicking on the reply button (yes i counted) on this post,it`ll probably take another minute to actually post this!

Any site i go on is faster that this, Mr Darns site loads immediately..I`ve never had any problems before with the site,it just happened a few days before it went off,but even though it`s back on i`m still getting knowhere fast :mellow:

Monsta and Dave have had problems with it and i`m still having problems with it.It took 1 minute 10 seconds from clicking on the reply button (yes i counted) on this post,it`ll probably take another minute to actually post this!

Any site i go on is faster that this, Mr Darns site loads immediately..I`ve never had any problems before with the site,it just happened a few days before it went off,but even though it`s back on i`m still getting knowhere fast :mellow:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=677124

http://forum.truckersworld.co.uk/viewtopic...2680fa2cdf05649

Give another ISP a try before you shoot the pianist. But first clear your browser cache and check there aren't local problems.

Are you using broadband or dial-up? If you PM me I will show you how to find out where any congestion is.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=677124

http://forum.truckersworld.co.uk/viewtopic...2680fa2cdf05649

Give another ISP a try before you shoot the pianist. But first clear your browser cache and check there aren't local problems.

Are you using broadband or dial-up? If you PM me I will show you how to find out where any congestion is.

Looking at them links it sounds like it could be AOL, i`m on broadband but i`ve still got about 4 months until my contract ends so i`m stuck with it for now..but saying that,this is the only site that is slow..it`ll probably sort itself out..eventually.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now