Wood Fired Oven

Brian Cross

Nice job Brian, and all those bricks from skips?

Hi Malcolm .........I did not think the pictures had been downloaded from photobucket as i could not see any indication off them on my reply screen its all blank thought i would need more help.........

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice job Brian, and all those bricks from skips?

I got all the bricks from building sites, i bought the fire bricks used in the dome from a nearby town called Maryborough they are 100 years old and have not been used, I got the tiles used in the floor of the dome second hand, we have done pizzas, legs of pork and a full side of lamb.

my cousin and his wife from the station will be here on Saturday the 1st for ten weeks so we will give it a workout his name is Allan Rowell if anyone knows him.

I got all the bricks from building sites, i bought the fire bricks used in the dome from a nearby town called Maryborough they are 100 years old and have not been used, I got the tiles used in the floor of the dome second hand, we have done pizzas, legs of pork and a full side of lamb.

my cousin and his wife from the station will be here on Saturday the 1st for ten weeks so we will give it a workout his name is Allan Rowell if anyone knows him.

Hope you have a good day Brian.

I a pretty sure I know Allan.......the name rings a bell, would he have anything to do with an old butchers shop?

• 2 weeks later...
I a pretty sure I know Allan.......the name rings a bell, would he have anything to do with an old butchers shop?

Hi Malcolm Alan worked for the Wansbeck council until about 11 months ago thats when he had a stroke and he was forced to finish work he is with us now and he is having a great time ..................BC

Thanks Joe how are you going now mate............

My wife keeps telling me that I am a cantankerous old S.O.B.

So I guess that am OK.

Thanks for asking.

Joe

I am married to her sister

Wives' The one constant in keeping life on an even keel.

And as the old saying goes, "you can't live with them, or without them" God bless them all!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

They'll rob you blind after eating and drinking you out of house and home.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am building a wood fired oven in my back yard once it is completed you are all invited for a traditional Aussie bar b que if you are in the neighborhood, does any one out there have any experience with one of these and can you give me any tips about the construction of it .................. :rolleyes:

hi bri.. you need to create an airflow around the oven.. imajine a box in a box with a 2wo inch space between them ..fire in another box alongside works better than underneath.. have a look at somthing like an old stanly range..a baffle on the chimney to send the smoke around the oven then up the chimney is how you controll the heat..leave a gap at the bottom for cleaning under the oven..hope this helps..stanleys airflow system is probably the best in the world ..easy to copy if your handy with a welder..

hi bri.. you need to create an airflow around the oven.. imajine a box in a box with a 2wo inch space between them ..fire in another box alongside works better than underneath.. have a look at somthing like an old stanly range..a baffle on the chimney to send the smoke around the oven then up the chimney is how you controll the heat..leave a gap at the bottom for cleaning under the oven..hope this helps..stanleys airflow system is probably the best in the world ..easy to copy if your handy with a welder..

Hi wonky thanks for the tips mate but over the last few months trial and error i have worked the oven out pretty well for instance we had a works party for wife and her mates we had 40 over and we cooked pizzas for them 45 in total in 45 mins we can cook up to eight at a time and the temp reaches 400deg F once the base is hot it is easy............ post-212-12603288990898_thumb.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now