Wood Fired Oven

Brian Cross

I am building a wood fired oven in my back yard once it is completed you are all invited for a traditional Aussie bar b que if you are in the neighborhood, does any one out there have any experience with one of these and can you give me any tips about the construction of it .................. :rolleyes:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am building a wood fired oven in my back yard once it is completed you are all invited for a traditional Aussie bar b que if you are in the neighborhood, does any one out there have any experience with one of these and can you give me any tips about the construction of it .................. :rolleyes:

Dont make it out of plastic ;)

Better check the local bye-laws Brian,don't want the cooncil an' fire brigade giving you a hard time :lol:

I am looking to build a bread oven and as Hollymout said there are loads of plans and specs on a google search.

Better check the local bye-laws Brian,don't want the cooncil an' fire brigade giving you a hard time :lol:

I have checked out all the local by laws and any fire restrictions and the oven complies so there is no problems I have this guy helping me build it he has built about 20 ovens so far but we have run out of second hand bricks the recycling place should have some next week

I have checked out all the local by laws and any fire restrictions and the oven complies so there is no problems I have this guy helping me build it he has built about 20 ovens so far but we have run out of second hand bricks the recycling place should have some next week

just do what them africans do make it out of mud!

anyway i thought you lot done those under the ground fire pit things? or is that the new zealanders?

just do what them africans do make it out of mud!

anyway i thought you lot done those under the ground fire pit things? or is that the new zealanders?

No Munny its not us "lot" its the Kiwis actually the Maoris and they call the ground fire pit thing a hungi or a hangi

Are there no skips around yours in aussie like?

:lol::lol::lol:

thats where i got the blocks for my garden feature!

the guy down the street was pulling an ionternal wall down, and i was like...you throwing them out?

the good thing was there was hardly any cement in the mix, so the mortar was like sand, and the blocks came up like new!

No Munny its not us "lot" its the Kiwis actually the Maoris and they call the ground fire pit thing a hungi or a hangi

seen a mint idea for a barbee rip the insides out of your computer and use the case!

BBQ%20on%20computer.jpg

I have been scabbing bricks from building sites and tip skips for the last two weeks we are two hundred bricks short at the moment the hardest ones to find were fire bricks

So what design are you building Brian?

We are building a square outside entertainment area with walls long two sides and the wood fired oven at the junction of the walls

the design of the oven is typically Greek the dome sits on bricks about three foot high but we are about two hundred bricks short of finishing it, Monsta gave me an idea i might check out the old power station sight for bricks..... :lol:

when it is finished i will post some photo's

• 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now