Agony Column

Dear Auntie bedlington.co.uk,

I am worried about my partner. He is obsessed with scalextric cars and paraphernalia. He has a scalextric room with the biggest private track I've ever heard about and about 500 boxed and unused cars on the shelves. That's not counting the cars he uses on the tracks and the 100's of little people in the crowds and grandstands around the track. He's even got little stands and little coke machines and little accidents with little paramedics, little fire engines and stuff. I used to think the problem was contained but now the study has turned into a scalextric workshop and there is no free space to do any real work. My biggest problem is that the dining table has now got scalextric stuff all over it, and quite frankly, I want to dust it. I've even tried inviting his mother over for a meal to see if we could move the stuff but we ended up eating in the kitchen. Quite frequently, scalextric cars appear on the stairs, in the downstairs toilet and in the bedroom. In the utility room, there is spray paint on the washing machine where he's been spraying them. I don't mind the odd obsession, I myself have quite a few handbags - however, is this normal? do any of you have problem partners?

Sounds like he's driving you to despair. You must pit a stop to it.

I'm afraid there is no magic formula one can put into practice that will make things right. Tell him he has to stop toying with your affections if you are to get your relationship back on track.

I'm afraid there is no magic formula one can put into practice that will make things right. Tell him he has to stop toying with your affections if you are to get your relationship back on track.

pit a stop to it - ha ha

thats all you picked up on? pit stop???

lol :rolleyes:

Dear Auntie bedlington.co.uk,

I am worried about my partner. He is obsessed with scalextric cars and paraphernalia. He has a scalextric room with the biggest private track I've ever heard about and about 500 boxed and unused cars on the shelves. That's not counting the cars he uses on the tracks and the 100's of little people in the crowds and grandstands around the track. He's even got little stands and little coke machines and little accidents with little paramedics, little fire engines and stuff. I used to think the problem was contained but now the study has turned into a scalextric workshop and there is no free space to do any real work. My biggest problem is that the dining table has now got scalextric stuff all over it, and quite frankly, I want to dust it. I've even tried inviting his mother over for a meal to see if we could move the stuff but we ended up eating in the kitchen. Quite frequently, scalextric cars appear on the stairs, in the downstairs toilet and in the bedroom. In the utility room, there is spray paint on the washing machine where he's been spraying them. I don't mind the odd obsession, I myself have quite a few handbags - however, is this normal? do any of you have problem partners?

Get your sussies out of your drawer and put on a show for him. If that doesn't work, divorce him.

Yes denzel, thank you for your advice but it's not really as simple as that normal behaviour.

Ah, sounds like there could be a deep underlying reason for his behaviour. In which case, get your sussies on and put on a show for someone else. That should work.

Ah, sounds like there could be a deep underlying reason for his behaviour. In which case, get your sussies on and put on a show for someone else. That should work.

Aye, a good show gets you away from bloke interests (at least for 5mins)

Or 5hrs in my case B)

you could always give him the ultamatum....

the cars go on e-bay, and the proceeds to a cruse, or you get divorced.

my ex did the same with me and my 'art' magazines i had collected over the last 20 years. needless to say, my collection is still with me and still has no pages stuck together! (never did understand the point of sticking the good pages together...)

dunno what my point is really, but its a good way to find out if they love you enough to give it up...

you could always give him the ultamatum....

the cars go on e-bay, and the proceeds to a cruse, or you get divorced.

my ex did the same with me and my 'art' magazines i had collected over the last 20 years. needless to say, my collection is still with me and still has no pages stuck together! (never did understand the point of sticking the good pages together...)

dunno what my point is really, but its a good way to find out if they love you enough to give it up...

You've managed to accumulate 20 years worth of hack?! Good work that man!