Loathe: The Queues In Nettos

Monsta®

ever since somerfield shut nettos has gone into overload and theres still only one check out on! muppets :angry::lol:

Netto has always been like that,one or two tills on and folk standing right the way down the aisle getting irritable while clutching their tin of beans :lol:

Netto has always been like that,one or two tills on and folk standing right the way down the aisle getting irritable while clutching their tin of beans :lol:

That's about normal in any shop I go to. Eight tills closed and two on - and queues as far as the bacon counter.

That's about normal in any shop I go to. Eight tills closed and two on - and queues as far as the bacon counter.

ooo, not at tesco...they open a till for you...

and (insider info here!) in ASDA, if there is more than 2 people waiting to be served at every till, and tills are shut, if you complain you can get a voucher off your shopping!

but i diddnt tell you mind! (points to nose whilst winking)

ooo, not at tesco...they open a till for you...

and (insider info here!) in ASDA, if there is more than 2 people waiting to be served at every till, and tills are shut, if you complain you can get a voucher off your shopping!

but i diddnt tell you mind! (points to nose whilst winking)

thats a £10 or i phone asda :lol:

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bedlington.co.uk editorial crew went into Netto to do a test purchase this afternoon.

A queue of three or four purchases ahead on the single open till. Immediately we were pounced on by an alert lady and diverted to another checkout, and then dealt with immediately.

So make your mind up if we were recognised (I think probably not), or there is now a policy of eliminating the queue. Either way the management is alert, and responds to customer concerns.

Conclusion: If the queue is bugging you then quietly and politely mention bedlington.co.uk :)

Bedlington.co.uk editorial crew went into Netto to do a test purchase this afternoon.

A queue of three or four purchases ahead on the single open till. Immediately we were pounced on by an alert lady and diverted to another checkout, and then dealt with immediately.

So make your mind up if we were recognised (I think probably not), or there is now a policy of eliminating the queue. Either way the management is alert, and responds to customer concerns.

Conclusion: If the queue is bugging you then quietly and politely mention bedlington.co.uk :)

try going at peak time usually between 9 - 11 on a weekday morning :blink: its like resident evil only with grannies! :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Haha! I do have to agree, it is mad that they have so many check outs, but they're almost always closed. I shop on a saturday or a sunday, you'd think they'd open them all on their busiest days! lol

• 1 month later...

I went in to Netto and the queue was down the aisle, only one till on as usual, I complained and asked that instead of stacking shelves you could open a till, to which the kind man said "Are you addressing me!!" a great sarcastic remark to which the whole queue went stone quiet in disbelief, I complained to the Head office in London and now they have changed their policy, the bloke was reprimanded but still works there, so bear that in mind when talking to anyone with a beard.

• 1 month later...

specially went into netto to check out the queue problem..you have got a point there mate,,i waited about ten mins to get to the till and bought three torches at a reduced rate of 49 pence each to find out later that they dont work and need some kind of special battery..i am going to leave them somewhere for someone to find hoping that they too will have found a bargain...sad i know but cant bring myself to throw them out and deffo not asking for my 1.47 back..lol cheers.

• 3 months later...

You will shortly have muppets with green signs pointing to an empty till. No problems then eh! Wonky :lol: :lol: Also 'Do you have your own bags?' 'Do you want to buy some, or would you like free ones?'

Reply 'Errrrrrrrrr what the F*** do you think' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'Do you have your own bags?' 'Do you want to buy some, or would you like free ones?'

Reply 'Errrrrrrrrr what the F*** do you think' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That depends entirely on you, and how far ahead you plan.

The free ones aint that good for the planet, and for a one off cost, you can have a much better bag that will last for life. (if it wears out, they replace it free)

So, technically, after the initial cost (what? about 45p is it?) you then have a much more sturdy bag you can re-use, and never buy another bag again.

Personally, my answer would be: "one paid for one, and the rest free" each time i shop, until i have enough to do my full shop without free ones.

I do see, however, that some people either just can't be arsed to carry re-useable bags with them, or don't have the fore-thought to remember to bring them along.

• 2 weeks later...

If I wanted to buy a bag I would bluddy buy one! It get's on my t*ts that I am harangued at the check out every time I shop at Asda. Do they follow me round asking if I would like to buy this or that? NO! So don't ask me if I want to buy a sodding bag! And as for fore-thought, none required mate they supply free bags END OF!

All the carrier bags supplied by the top 4 come from the same place.

The difference is ASDA are pro-actively trying to reduce them.

Have you seen what a full pallet of carrier bags per week, per store, actually looks like once they are decompressed?

This is the last i have to say on the matter, unless a valid argument shows it's self.

The bags might come from the same place but are they the same? I get my condoms from the same company but they COME in different varieties, ribbed,sensitive,super large(my favourite :lol: )(Ok I made that one up) and lots of flavours. Just because the bags come from the same manufacturer does not mean they are the same!

Asda are pro-actively looking for more profit!

Just supposing that EVERYONE buys these re-usable bags, and Asda replaces them FREE of charge, who's going to pick up the tab for this, I mean who is going to pay for all the replacements and don't try and tell me Asda will because if you do well you are more.........! Work it out for yourself :(

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now