Loathe: The Queues In Nettos

Monsta®

So who will pick up the tab then?

The emphasis at this time is the material the bags are made of. we need, no, MUST reduce this as a waste commodity.

Who do you think currently pays for the free bags? Certainly not ASDA.

Its the customers. The cost has always been taken from the profit made on the things you buy. so in effect, you already pay for them, its just not labelled as such on your receipt.

What SHOULD be happening is, a discount on the shopping should be given to those who DO bring in their bags!

i use tesco's reusable bags there huge extremely strong and tesco gives you points for using them! execellent! biggrin.gif those free ones are rubbish and end up filled with dog !*!@# hanging from a bush! i personally would ban them!

• 3 months later...

If I wanted to buy a bag I would bluddy buy one! It get's on my t*ts that I am harangued at the check out every time I shop at Asda. Do they follow me round asking if I would like to buy this or that? NO! So don't ask me if I want to buy a sodding bag! And as for fore-thought, none required mate they supply free bags END OF!

This just gets better, now the sods don't just hassle you to buy their sodding bags, they're now hassling you to use their bluddy scanner check outs! If I wanted to use your bluddy do away with jobs bluddy scanner checkouts would I be standing in another bluddy queue? And who, by the way, had the bright idea of those stupid 'Space here' signs? Why not put some more people on the tills instead of them pushing you out of the way in the aisles carrying twenty bags at a time! Or why not go the whole hog replace all the tills with scanners,and then see how many people use your sodding shop. At least on them I'll not be asked 'Have you got your own bags? Are you interested in a bag for life? Or do you just want free ones? End of rant :beer:

This just gets better, now the sods don't just hassle you to buy their sodding bags, they're now hassling you to use their bluddy scanner check outs! If I wanted to use your bluddy do away with jobs bluddy scanner checkouts would I be standing in another bluddy queue? And who, by the way, had the bright idea of those stupid 'Space here' signs? Why not put some more people on the tills instead of them pushing you out of the way in the aisles carrying twenty bags at a time! Or why not go the whole hog replace all the tills with scanners,and then see how many people use your sodding shop. At least on them I'll not be asked 'Have you got your own bags? Are you interested in a bag for life? Or do you just want free ones? End of rant :beer:

Yeah, we are as sick of it as you.

It's all to do with que length. "If there is one on the belt, and one waiting, we open another till"

ASDA fail their "Happy to help que audit" if there is more than one person waiting, and they have unopened till's that are not broken.

Apparently one of the ASDA bosses looked on a town's website, saw the people of the town hated the length of que's in their competitors shops and decided to make a commitment to reduce them in ASDA in an attempt to please. :blink:

And as for those space here signs, i agree with you. I like standing in a que of 3 people when there's an empty till father up. Who are they to tell me where an empty till is? don't they know i just go there to waste my time standing in que's? The cheek of it!

Another thing. I wish they'd stop putting prices everywhere. i like to guess how much my shoppping is!

On a more serious note, ( :P ) i don't see the problem with the bags. Did they not spend millions redesigning the carrier bag to be biodegradable a few years back?

I know i put a load of grass clippings in one at the start of the summer and left it in the side alley, and when i went to pick it up the other day, the bottom had rotted away!

If thats the case, whats the big deal with using loads? and what advantage does this "bag for life" have?

If thats the case, whats the big deal with using loads? and what advantage does this "bag for life" have?

there bigger, stronger, dont dig into your fingers and if you shop at TESCO they give points for using them (unlike asda!)

and another thing that fn advert lies! ofcourse my supermarket would say there cheaper as asda owns the web site!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now