Tesco Open Day

Mr Darn

Oh..anyway,before i forget,i was shopping at Asda last week and i seen a tranny,it was the big hands and deep voice that gave it away.Just thought i`d share that with everyone :D

The PC term for such folk is a 'shim'.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back to the topic in hand, i smell a rat....

this open day, a fair few people went along, and i only heard of 2 getting a job, then rest all got the 'sorry, although your application was very good, we have not got a position for you' letters.

In this 'open day' it was stated that everyone who was offered a job would be either full time or part time...and it would be permanant.

Now, i know of several people, including myself, who have since had phonecalls where the guy basically says 'people have dropped out, and theres now a place opened up... i personally said no, i had made other arangements, but a few i know have accepted. they recieved another phonecall confirming their start date and instructing them to hand in ntice at their other jobs to start on monday.

they did as was told, went to work on monday where they were hearded onto a bus and taken to another store for 'an induction' where they were told they would only be there for that day, for 4-5 hours, and have the rest of the week off.

they were also informed that they wouldnt actually begin 'training' till the store opened, they would just be getting the store ready for opening.

Imagine their supprise when they get home to find an offer of employment letter on their doorstep, stating the hours as promised, but a little footnote at the bottom stating: as explained, this is a temporary position for 12 weeks, although we reserve the right to end this contract at any time.

Be careful, those who have left permanant jobs to go there... from what i hear, all those that were contacted last week are in this position, and will only be used till the store opens!

I'm pleased i turned it down ;)

Getting back to the topic in hand, i smell a rat....

this open day, a fair few people went along, and i only heard of 2 getting a job, then rest all got the 'sorry, although your application was very good, we have not got a position for you' letters.

In this 'open day' it was stated that everyone who was offered a job would be either full time or part time...and it would be permanant.

Now, i know of several people, including myself, who have since had phonecalls where the guy basically says 'people have dropped out, and theres now a place opened up... i personally said no, i had made other arangements, but a few i know have accepted. they recieved another phonecall confirming their start date and instructing them to hand in ntice at their other jobs to start on monday.

they did as was told, went to work on monday where they were hearded onto a bus and taken to another store for 'an induction' where they were told they would only be there for that day, for 4-5 hours, and have the rest of the week off.

they were also informed that they wouldnt actually begin 'training' till the store opened, they would just be getting the store ready for opening.

Imagine their supprise when they get home to find an offer of employment letter on their doorstep, stating the hours as promised, but a little footnote at the bottom stating: as explained, this is a temporary position for 12 weeks, although we reserve the right to end this contract at any time.

Be careful, those who have left permanant jobs to go there... from what i hear, all those that were contacted last week are in this position, and will only be used till the store opens!

I'm pleased i turned it down ;)

Thats exactly what i've been hearing, it happened to a friend, she's accepted though. I wonder if it's true that so many people dropped out and now suddenly theres loads of people getting offered the jobs... and i wonder why their all temporary?

Thats exactly what i've been hearing, it happened to a friend, she's accepted though. I wonder if it's true that so many people dropped out and now suddenly theres loads of people getting offered the jobs... and i wonder why their all temporary?

i think its tesco luring people into a false sence of job security in order to get lots of bodies in to fill the shelves before they open.

the other reason may be to get rid of the wasters after 12 weeks, but they all should have been told it was not the job they applied for, but a temporary one.

Its disgusting the way they tricked so many people, not only that, but their first pay wont be till the new year, and they will only be paid these 5 hours for 1 weeks work! Who can live on 5 hours for a weeks wages??

if they have offered contracts, and started people, they should honour those contracts, wether they are at work or not!

the other reason may be to get rid of the wasters after 12 weeks

Thats exactly what we were talking about the other day. I suppose it gives them the chance to test a few people before settling them into permenant positions. I wouldnt care, there were supposedly hundreds of applications and yet so many people 'dropped out'... hmm.

Were the people who worked at Somerfield supposed to be getting kept on to work at Tesco?

Oh..anyway,before i forget,i was shopping at Asda last week and i seen a tranny,it was the big hands and deep voice that gave it away.Just thought i`d share that with everyone :D

We had one in the club last week looked like a truck driver in dress

Thats exactly what we were talking about the other day. I suppose it gives them the chance to test a few people before settling them into permenant positions. I wouldnt care, there were supposedly hundreds of applications and yet so many people 'dropped out'... hmm.

Were the people who worked at Somerfield supposed to be getting kept on to work at Tesco?

apparently they were given the choice, and those who stayed are working in other tesco's doing training right now...

:lol: :lol:

Did you find him attractive in any way? :lol:

Not really I thought his choice of dress was inappropriate for the time of day and a shave my have improved his looks and his boots could have been clean. :D :D :D

I heard today that it`s opening December 13th..the date is changing all the time! i also heard that it`s not going to be as big as it was once thought, the empty shop next to it is staying empty :blink:

thats what a fortnight away? a seen inside and there's a load of work still to be done! be lucky to open on new years!

anyway wants to hurry up as asda and netto's !*!@# are always out of stuff! be nice to have a bit of normality back! :lol::blink:

• 1 month later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now