Loathe: The Bedlington Terrier!

Mr Darn

Do you agree or disagree?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have saved about 100 lives in my first Aid career, and do i get known as Mr Darn the life saver?

what are ye talking about? first aid career? shopping trolleys!

i can see it know.....

man saved from runaway shopping trolley.....

all thanks to the quick thinking of mr darn! :lol::lol::lol:

what a hero! :lol::lol:

lets face it, it looks like a cross between a wippet and a sheep!

i mean come on, couldnt we have founded a better looking dog to be our mascot?

Whats your views on our darling little dog? I'd have been happier with a pink labrador or something... :P

Everyone who was born or lives in Bedlington should be proud of Bedlington Terriers, they are part of your history.

Everyone who was born or lives in Bedlington should be proud of Bedlington Terriers, they are part of your history.

Maybe...but they do look a bit skanky :D

They`re a cross between a whippet and a poodle..well, thats what they look like anyway..

• 1 month later...

I agree Jorga, just do web search for Bedlington, its famous all over the world for its terrier (not the pub).

Its a pity that there are no Hotels or Guest Houses in Bedlington as I am sure there are plenty of people who would want to visit for the home of the Bedlington terrier alone. Do a web search and the nearest I can find for accommodation is Morpeth.

Try HERE pete,

i've heard good things about the place...

like this review

EDIT: diddnt the Bedlington Terrier Pub do rooms once over?

Checked out the links, it looks good although I do not remember it in my time living up there, is it a new place?

The real point that I was trying to make is that there is no accommodation in Bedlington where our friends from across the pond could stay after all the Bedlington Terrier seems to be very sought after over there.

Perhaps with the right marketing this could bring many tourists to Bedlington or am I just dreaming.

:D

Perhaps with the right marketing this could bring many tourists to Bedlington or am I just dreaming.

i agree, but there would have to be something here for them to come see, i mean, i lived here all my life and it was only about 15 years ago i realised the bedlington terrier was really a dog! :blink:

i agree, but there would have to be something here for them to come see, i mean, i lived here all my life and it was only about 15 years ago i realised the bedlington terrier was really a dog! :blink:

There's plenty for them to see on a Friday and Saturday night, might not see many Terriers though.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's a few points of the breed,

i think it could apply to quite a few of our human Bedlington Terriers, the breed would not be my personal choice, but it is a very distinctive little dog although not that many living in Bedlington, our shops could capitalise more by selling souvenirs for the many visitors and tourists !!!! : lol:

General Appearance

A graceful, lithe, muscular dog, with no signs of either weakness or coarseness. Whole head pear or wedge-shaped, and expression in repose mild and gentle.

Characteristics

Spirited and game, full of confidence. An intelligent companion with strong sporting instincts.

Temperament

Good-tempered, having an affectionate nature, dignified, not shy or nervous. Mild in repose but full of courage when roused.

Ears

Moderately sized, filbert-shaped, set on low, and hanging flat to cheek. Thin and velvety in texture; covered with short fine hair with fringe of whitish silky hair at tip.

Mouth

Teeth large and strong. Scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws.

Neck

Long and tapering, deep base with no tendency to throatiness. Springs well up from shoulders, and head carried rather high.

Body

Muscular and markedly flexible. Chest deep and fairly broad. Flat ribbed, deep through brisket which reaches to elbow. Back has natural arch over loin creating a definite tuck-up of underline. Body slightly greater in length than height.

Feet

Long hare feet with thick and well closed up pads. Pads sound and free from cracks or horny excrescences.

Tail

Moderate length, thick at root, tapering to a point and gracefully curved. Set on low, never carried over back.

Gait/Movement

Capable of galloping at high speed and have appearance of being able to do so. Action very distinctive, rather mincing, light and springy in slower paces and slight roll when in full stride.

Size

Height: about 41 cms (16 ins) at withers. This allows for slight variation below in the case of a bitch and above in the case of a dog. Weight: 8-10 kgs (18-23 lbs).

Note

Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

©

eh

eh

ee sorry had a couple of reds to wind down after quite a busy night. I think the terriers are funny lookin. I remember when I was 16 & had a boyfriend in London, as you do like. I was staying with him, & his parents of course & I went to get into bed this night & the bloomin terrier had poo'd in the bed. Couldn't believe it. Poo's just a bit like a poodle if you know what I mean. Couldn't help but laughin when we found some under the pillow. Guess it didn't like me. Bit strange like that a dog can poo under the bedding never mind the bloomin pillow. Maybe the parents didn't like me eh. Ha ha

Yeah, right. Course it was the dog did it.

Well exactly what I thought. I mean. Indeed. Course he got dumped after that. dumped ha ha. :D

ee am that funny. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now