The C.s.a

MarkJ

Not all parents with custody are helped by the C.S.A. It was only set up to claw back benefits so they won't help any parents with custody if that parent is not claiming benefits. When me and my ex divorced he had his own business and I wasn't working but studying for a Phd and living on an educational grant. Even though this was less money than income support (which is supposed to be the breadline) the C.S.A wouldn't help because I wasn't claiming any benefits. The options were a) give up any chance of a future for me and my son, pack in studying and claim benefits; or B) get on with it. No government I've ever known has been interested in real people and real solutions, they only care about the short term i.e the amount of foresight needed to get voted back into office. I have no idea how that smily got into this post.

Good points!

Unfortunately others just whinge on & expect hand outs :angry:

i havnt had a pay rise for two years yet the csa want me to pay another nine pounds a week !!!! i dont think its fair !!!!

:rolleyes:

Perhaps your argument will persuade others into thinking first before they blight the country with kids that they have no means of providing for?

hear hear!

i think those people who bring kids into this world with no intention of caring or providing for them need castrated!

i'm quite happy with the £57 a week they take from me now i have a piss poor job, it means those secret savings accounts i have set up for the kids's future are doing very well.

Nothing better than a supprise few grand when you turn 18!

(hope the ex aint reading this!)

hear hear!

i think those people who bring kids into this world with no intention of caring or providing for them need castrated!

i'm quite happy with the £57 a week they take from me now i have a piss poor job, it means those secret savings accounts i have set up for the kids's future are doing very well.

Nothing better than a supprise few grand when you turn 18!

(hope the ex aint reading this!)

'Hello, is that the CSA? You might be interested in this....'

Because I wrote "I hope you are not referring to Wendy and Mandy of the Bears, a.k.a Bendy and Bandy of the Bears" but then deleted it. So now you know.

Thank you for the clarification. It means a lot to me.

• 4 weeks later...